House Price Crash Forum

Online Estate Agent - On Dragon's Den

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Missed it. Summary, please..

No Problem

No compromise. That was our mantra in designing the on-line Eastate Agency. Our vision was to sell living space adverts that really make a statement. web pages that are amazingly spacious and light. artwork that's infused with contemporary panache, yet also has impeccable, timeless elegance. Classic design features, such as frames, deep databasing and searching, and gold-veneered internal coding.

The development is accessed through majestic wrought iron gates, with an entry system for visitors that calls your web site email to let you know they have arrived. The house adverts themselves encircle a pleasant green space. With the feel of an elegant Georgian square, it makes a connection with the heritage of the site and the imposing early twenty first century Manor that forms it magnificent centrepiece.

HOLA444
HOLA445

What's wrong with using Hatched. A couple of months ago they emailed me and offered me a chance to invest in them, but shortly after I read in Moneyweek (I think) about some large online estate agencies coming along).

It's surprising the second hand house salesmen have stayed in business so long.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

The concensus was the way of selling houses needs to change.....by cutting out the middle men who do very little or nothing for a fee when the new alternative way is do it directly matching buyer with seller thus saving them both money.

doorsteps-620x516.jpg

Doorstep Swipe. Internet dating for houses.

http://www.chipchick.com/2014/04/doorsteps-swipe.html

Edited by Eddie_George

HOLA4413

What's wrong with using Hatched. A couple of months ago they emailed me and offered me a chance to invest in them, but shortly after I read in Moneyweek (I think) about some large online estate agencies coming along).

It's surprising the second hand house salesmen have stayed in business so long.

There's a few bringing competition, eg Agents' Mutual..although I've not checked on any progress tehre. And interview with Poundland founder in 27.07.2014 Times (Money) - although he's also a happy landlord (other parts of interview). What's better for retirement - property or pension? For me it's property (etc).

Smith, who sold Poundland in 2002, has now turned his attention to property by investing in estatesdirect.com. The online agent, set up two yearsago, charges sellers a tiny proportion of the costs levied by high street rivals. It raised £250,000 in April through Crowdcube, a crowdfunding site, and is expanding across the country.

What's your latest business? One of my focuses is estatesdirect.com. It makes no sense in this day and age to pay so much for a service that can be provided online for much lower costs. A traditional estate agent may charge 2% of the property's value, so £10,000 on a £500,000 property. At estatesdirect.com we charge flat fees from £390 to £2,490 with half paid up front and the rest paid after a sale.

All our properties are listed on sites such as Rightmove and Zoopla, where a growing number of people search for homes. We have saved customers almost £2m since we launched two years ago. In September, I and other investors put in £700,000 to establish the software. I own about 12% of the company.

HOLA4414