• Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Controversially: Nescafe.

If you buy food from the Swiss you deserve all you get really. Nestlé (who I have worked for and are worse than IG Farben) have a portfolio of 10,000s of brands all of whom are devil's brews of what is worst in the food industry. They then run TV campaigns telling people they are being faddy eaters not consuming the crap in their products. Palm oil, its good for you yer lilly livered pansy, corn syrup, perk you up yer pasty faced nancy etc.

As for Yoghurts, most of them seem to contain pig throats these days (it says gelatine in the ingredients but is made from pig throats) - I'm sure the Mohamadens appreciate that :-).

HOLA448

I'm sure your insight is best kept away from the wider population else they'd never eat again!

Anyone see that programme about how cheap ice-cream is made; the type that is not marked 'dairy'? Pure lumps of vegetable fat. Mind you, mass-produced dairy ice cream is not that much better apparently. Put me right off me caviar, that show did ... :-)

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Vienetta... that's another one.

There's a definite food theme going on here. The advertising is almost Orwellian in that the gulf between what is stated, and what is, is a gaping chasm. You take one mouthful and think "have my taste buds actually malfunctioned here? That girl on the TV only just stopped short of dipping her tits in it and smearing her nipples on the camera, so clearly, it must be sumptuous, and I'm just not seeing it. And there are another three pots of it left in the fridge to go.

And on the subject of yoghourts, there was an ad on recently which I guess might have been Swedish and over-dubbed for the UK which featured a young 30-something woman in her kitchen with a dead-serious face going on about how the bio-cultures in the stuff were so important.

Except she's pale as a sheet. And you think "You want to stop worrying about the bloody yoghourt and get our a bit more, love".

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Smart phones.

Love this review I found on another site. :lol:

I love the fact that every review of every one of these dumb devices praises the technology, most of which is mediocre at best, and in many cases, so poorly designed as to be unusable. 15 years ago, it took 3 actions to place a call to a frequently dialed number. I was frustrated that my S4 took 13 to accomplish the same thing so I had an expert show me how to get it down to a marginally more acceptable 7. He suggested that I try hands free mode. You still need a hand free to throw the piece of crap away after minutes of playing Samsungs version of "20 really stupid questions". The manufacturers of all these devices have forgotten those of us who only want a communications device. At the current pace of development, in another 15 years, it will be quicker to drive from New York to Los Angeles and have a face to face meeting than to place a call. Smart they are not, and phone is becoming a stretch. If i want a crappy camera, many are available for under $100. A poor MP3 player can be had for about $20. A decent phone, not currently available at any price, shouldn't cost $700 and take a week to learn how to work around its shortcomings. Nor should regular "updates" invalidate all the learning every few months. For those who want an expensive toy, by all means sell them one, but for those of us who want a functional telephone, pleas make one for us.

TBH, a phone is a lot more than just a crappy camera and an MP3 player. Its also a watch, alarm clock, radio, map, satnav, railway timetable, personal gaming device, and general purpose mobile internet device.

I cant help but feel that this reviewer is somewhat ignoring the fact that it takes more action to make a call on a smartphone because making a voice call is only one of many functions of a smartphone, whereas it was the major function of a dumbphone from 15 years ago.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

The packaging must be an ironic in-joke that somehow passed the Board. I especially like the 478 g (estimated).

Gosh! You learn something every day. I always had a vague idea that that â„® symbol had something to do with Europe (well, it turns out that it does, but not in the way I'd thought).

HOLA4419
Guest eight

Oh, and while we are talking about totally crap things, let us not forget Middlesbrough...

13_53_1_web.jpg

XYY

Give over.

True story - I just got back from Smythe's toys in Portrack Lane via what was supposed to be a detour to take in Lidl's at Cannon Park. Anyway, turns out that the Cannon Park branch is temporarily closed, so went to Thornaby instead - where we got £5 off our shop because the Cannon Park branch is closed. Didn't even have to ask or anything. That's class, and the complete antitheses of what this thread is about....

HOLA4420
Guest eight

teachers whisky

Good call.

Two things that I think everybody who partakes of them must be in some kind of self delusion are malt whiskey, and filter coffee.

I've never once drank either of them and NOT been left wincing in disgust.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived