House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Israel Punished By The Us For Gaza Attacks By Getting More Ammo

US supplies Israel army with fresh ammunition stocks
John Prescott accused of 'trivialising the Holocaust' after comparing the Gaza Strip to a concentration camp
  • Lord Prescott calls Gaza a 'ghetto' and said Israeli attacks are a war crime
  • Board of Deputies of British Jews writes to the Labour party to complain
  • 'The systematic slaughter of the Holocaust cannot be compared to Gaza'

Chomsky in the Fateful Triangle makes the point that Israel is constantly punished by the US for it's actions by being given more weapons and money.

Yeah, Prescott clearly doesn't know his history.

What holocaust concentration camp existed long enough for a victim to be born there and grow to adulthood?

It was the british deputy jews board that said the holocaust could not be compared to gaza not Prescott. I disagree. Gaza is far worse. I would prefer to be gassed than waiting to blown apart by missiles in a concrete prison.

Yes I know that the british invented concentration camps for women and children.

My great uncle was in the British division that liberated Belsen, he told me about it- that the first sight they saw as they opened the gates was a mound of dying/dead human beings 20 feet high that moved rhythmically in their death/dying throws.

-What are you talking about?

I am no fan of the IDF who get away with heavy handed tactics because the US will always support them. But what support does the Resistance receive? They would happily annihilate all the Jews in that part of the world and not shed a tear.

Concentration camp just means putting all the rats in one trap- it does not mean systematically executing them. The British or Spanish might have had concentration camps and people may have suffered / starved in them, but they didn't work them to death and extract their teeth for the war effort.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2711447/John-Prescott-accused-trivialising-Holocaust-comparing-Gaza-strip-concentration-camp.html

Lord Prescott said: ‘Israel brands them terrorists, but it is acting as judge, jury and executioner in the concentration camp that is Gaza.

Prescott didn't say anything about the Holocaust or WWII. He mentioned concentration camps. Concentration camps were used in the Boer War and previous to that by the Spanish in Cuba.

No matter how large the suffering of any people at any time, it should not be used to defend the causes of more suffering.

So in 1940 Churchill should have surrendered to nazi germany, after all whatever the suffering of France/ Poland / the Jews there was no excuse to create more suffering by fighting a war over it?

You make some interesting & highly emotive comparisons. I did not say that there was never a case for war. Justifying further violence using past suffering is a logical fallacy known as 'argumentum ad misericordiam', & seems to be heavily used in this recent conflict.

As my previous quote points out, perhaps the Israelis view It as a form of defence to stop history repeating itself. The mufti of Jerusalem in the 40's was a supporter of Hitler and gave radio broadcasts in favour of the persecution of the Jews. Whereas Germany has come to terms with its history. No Palestinian leader has apologised for this ever.

As my previous quote points out, perhaps the Israelis view It as a form of defence to stop history repeating itself. The mufti of Jerusalem in the 40's was a supporter of Hitler and gave radio broadcasts in favour of the persecution of the Jews. Whereas Germany has come to terms with its history. No Palestinian leader has apologised for this ever.

Given that the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem was appointed by the British, shouldn't it be the British who should be apologising for his behaviour rather than the Palestinians?

Its all getting a bit tenuous now. The constant last resort when discussing this conflict is using Hitler, I refer you to my original point as it seems to outline the thrust of all the points you are making.

I think I am trying to put the situation in context. What spin are you putting on it? That the Israelis are naughty boys who should put their toys away as two wrongs don't make a right?

Perhaps if these things had happened to your close family you might feel differently, or perhaps your opinions would just go extinct along with you and yours.

The bleeding hearts are full of ideas about compromise etc. It's difficult to compromise with a people who simply view your annihilation as the only solution. It's only a few hundred years ago that this country had similar factions, but long enough ago to forget I suppose. I suspect we will be reminded in the near future, perhaps we are being now...

Given that the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem was appointed by the British, shouldn't it be the British who should be apologising for his behaviour rather than the Palestinians?

That's a good point, but the British were never terribly pro zionists. I suppose we could offer the 6m Palestinians safe homes and jobs, after all we gave taken in something like that number recently. I am not sure the Arab world would be terribly kean on it. Also who knows who else we would get? My Iraqi friend tells me that around 50% of those saying they are Iraqi for asylum purposes are clearly not Iraqi as their accents are wrong.

I think I am trying to put the situation in context. What spin are you putting on it? That the Israelis are naughty boys who should put their toys away as two wrongs don't make a right?

Perhaps if these things had happened to your close family you might feel differently, or perhaps your opinions would just go extinct along with you and yours.

The bleeding hearts are full of ideas about compromise etc. It's difficult to compromise with a people who simply view your annihilation as the only solution. It's only a few hundred years ago that this country had similar factions, but long enough ago to forget I suppose. I suspect we will be reminded in the near future, perhaps we are being now...

Skip to 48 seconds in.

The bleeding hearts are full of ideas about compromise etc. It's difficult to compromise with a people who simply view your annihilation as the only solution.

Utter B*******

Kerry spent most of last year trying to broker peace between the two sides and it was Israel who deliberately and wilfully sabotaged a very good chance at a peaceful resolution between the two.

This talk of "we have to kill them or they will kill us" is nonsense. If Israel had wanted peace they could have had it last year. Instead they stuck two fingers up at Kerry, two fingers up at the Palestinians and two fingers up at the rest of the world.. despite the obvious consequences they decided it was more important to go ahead with their illegal settlement /land-grab program.

Now Israel want to cry about how they are the poor victims while they go about laying waste to Gaza and any civilians unlucky enough to get in the way?

No surprise that the rest of the world is running out of patience with them..

the president [Obama] believes that more than any other factor, Israel’s drumbeat of settlement announcements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem poisoned the atmosphere and doomed any chance of a breakthrough with the Palestinians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E2%80%9314_Israeli%E2%80%93Palestinian_peace_talks

Skip to 48 seconds in.

Have you been to the states? They don't care about this, the union carbide/Bhopal incident in India was 10 times worse than the gaza situation at the moment and they don't care about that either.

I am not commenting on US politics which is painfully transparent. All I am saying is that the idea that the Palestinians are undergoing some kind of holocaust at the hands of the Israelis is bonkers

I happen to believe that the existence of Israel on the scale of international land occupations is minor but that it has been blown up into something massive by essentially racism, racism that the western lefties seem to bizarrely endorse.

Utter B*******

Kerry spent most of last year trying to broker peace between the two sides and it was Israel who deliberately and wilfully sabotaged a very good chance at a peaceful resolution between the two.

This talk of "we have to kill them or they will kill us" is nonsense. If Israel had wanted peace they could have had it last year. Instead they stuck two fingers up at Kerry, two fingers up at the Palestinians and two fingers up at the rest of the world.. despite the obvious consequences they decided it was more important to go ahead with their illegal settlement /land-grab program.

Now Israel want to cry about how they are the poor victims while they go about laying waste to Gaza and any civilians unlucky enough to get in the way?

No surprise that the rest of the world is running out of patience with them..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/201314_IsraeliPalestinian_peace_talks

I went to Israel in 1999 after the peace accord, I visited the West Bank, friend visited gaza, what we saw was encouraging - a palastinian state and an Israeli state, people talking to each other with great optimism. That's all gone now, do you think they the Israeli view changed and destroyed it? Is it not much more likely that outside Arab politics destroyed it? Any Arab warlord wanting to make his name must take in the "Zionist entity" to have any credibility with his fan base. This is the problem and at its root is racism. Many territories in Europe have changed hands in this time. A good example is konigsberg, for a 1000 years German and stolen by Russia in 1945. Where are the refugee camps and rocket launchers there? No the owners dispersed and found other lives. The Palestinians could have a state in Palestine if they wanted it or the arab states could give them land. What we actually have is a racist obsession with the existence of a Jewish state.

I think it is fairly obvious as to where you are coming from. I would go so far as to say that your posts come from the hasbara playbook.

I have friends who are Jews and Arabs and I have visited Israel, both the Jewish sectors and the West Bank,

My close relatives witnessed the holocaust and my friends the fighting in Israel - Where do you get your info from?

I think it is fairly obvious as to where you are coming from. I would go so far as to say that your posts come from the hasbara playbook.

By the way I criticised the us - not something hasbara (I had to look that up) would do

I went to Israel in 1999 after the peace accord, I visited the West Bank, friend visited gaza, what we saw was encouraging - a palastinian state and an Israeli state, people talking to each other with great optimism. That's all gone now, do you think they the Israeli view changed and destroyed it? Is it not much more likely that outside Arab politics destroyed it? Any Arab warlord wanting to make his name must take in the "Zionist entity" to have any credibility with his fan base. This is the problem and at its root is racism. Many territories in Europe have changed hands in this time. A good example is konigsberg, for a 1000 years German and stolen by Russia in 1945. Where are the refugee camps and rocket launchers there? No the owners dispersed and found other lives. The Palestinians could have a state in Palestine if they wanted it or the arab states could give them land. What we actually have is a racist obsession with the existence of a Jewish state.

No, you can stop waving the racism card. The only thing approaching racism on this thread is coming from you with comments like "They would happily annihilate all the Jews in that part of the world and not shed a tear".

While there may have been optimism in 1999, surely a major factor in the failure of the 2000 Camp David Summit was the paucity of Israel's offer to the Palestinians: a patchwork of isolated Bantustans that would remain under Israeli control. No Palestinian leader could have accepted such miserable conditions.

The occupation of Königsberg and subsequent expulsion of the German population, while also a crime, is mitigated somewhat by the fact that Germany had initiated a war of aggression against Russia with no justification, and that the refugees were able to resettle in another part of Germany. The Palestinians, on the other hand, fought only to keep their own land and, as refugees, have nowhere else to go within Palestine.