House Price Crash Forum

And Then They Came For - Thomas The Tank Engine

corevalue

HOLA441
HOLA442

Thank you; funniest Guardian piece I've seen in a long time, intentionally or otherwise.

The comments are even funnier: there are discussions raging that not only take the article's premise seriously, but embellish it with examples the author may have missed. F**k me. It's kids' entertainment FFS, not Das Kapital for preschoolers...

HOLA443
HOLA444

I didn't find it offensive that nearly all the engines were blokes, as ships are usually ladies!

I did find Andy-Pandy most intriguing however, as they all disappeared into a basket at the end!

I think it pretty hard to write something fairly contemporary, that people 50 years from now won't find strange!

HOLA445

This got me to read an article from the Grauniad - something I shouldn't do, it is bad for my health. I hope never to read one again. I should have remembered that the moron that is Yasmin Alibhi Brown writes for it. Anything to do with her should be avoided.

It makes the Daily Mail look like a quality paper!

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Any children's book with a character called Fat CÏ…nt Roller is OK by me.

On an island called Sod'er! :wacko:

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

You've fallen for their trap.

Guardianista equivalent of the Mail click bait.

Yep.

The Guardian are quite as shameless as the Mail when it comes to phony 'provocateur' articles designed to garner page hits as has been pointed out on here before.

Since hardly anyone buys the newspaper anymore that online ad revenue is important to their survival.

Surprised people fall for it.

HOLA4413

This got me to read an article from the Grauniad - something I shouldn't do, it is bad for my health. I hope never to read one again. I should have remembered that the moron that is Yasmin Alibhi Brown writes for it. Anything to do with her should be avoided.

It makes the Daily Mail look like a quality paper!

Shes the racists anti-racist! Almost certifiable enough to be an inner city Labour MP...

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Voice of Thomas the Tank Engine quits over contract dispute: 'I feel so bullied'

He should make a monetized show on Youtube, not with Thomas the Tank engine, but perhaps with a bunch of toy trains with a small outlay - he'll make a fortune in no time.

People like coming back to a friendly voice.

HOLA4416

"Yeah, because I want to teach my kid to admire a controlling autocrat."

The Fat Controller is not intended to be a role model. He has no personality. He's fat, he's bossy, and runs the railways - that is all. He's only there to introduce a bit of conflict to the narrative (duty vs mischief). It's not some big capitalist conspiracy.

HOLA4417

Thank you; funniest Guardian piece I've seen in a long time, intentionally or otherwise.

The comments are even funnier: there are discussions raging that not only take the article's premise seriously, but embellish it with examples the author may have missed. F**k me. It's kids' entertainment FFS, not Das Kapital for preschoolers...

When I saw it a few days ago a good proportion of the comments seemed to find the article as ridiculous as it is. I particularly liked one "Did you mean to submit this to the Daily Mash?" I find it hard to imagine that people can genuinely believe this sort of thing and not write it as a spoof.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Archived