House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Blogger Chris Spivey Arrested

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2711721/Blogger-arrested-2am-raid-home-claiming-Lee-Rigbys-murder-anti-Islam-HOAX.html

A blogger who claimed the murder of soldier Lee Rigby was a hoax aimed at stirring up anti-Islam hatred was arrested in a 2am raid yesterday.

Christopher Spivey, 51, a tattoo artist from Rochford, Essex, was arrested on suspicion of harassment via social media after police raided his home and took away computer equipment.

Mr Spivey claimed in internet articles that he spent hours researching footage of Mr Rigby’s killing and the aftermath to 'prove' that the British establishment had faked the murder to incite hatred towards Muslims.

Among Mr Spivey’s online supporters are David Icke, the former footballer and BBC Grandstand presenter who has become known for his conspiracy theories.

He's been goading the establishment for some time, his blog taunted the Lord who cannot be named frequently repeating the unfounded allegations and openly challenged him to sue him.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Some of his stuff has been really good "behind the news" investigative journalism.

Others have been bat sh1t mental and just downright offensive like his Lee Rigby pieces which are libellous so he does deserve some sanction.

Wasn't a link to his blog posted on here once? :huh:

Think one of the comments told him to be careful!

Oh ah it was, in OT :lol: Site is still up, wonder if he'll be de-citizened!

I've not read any of the stuff on the Rigby case, but the court case would be fascinating as he'll undoubtedly be attempting to prove he's correct and it's not libellous.

According to that article he's been pulled for harassment. So, I'm not sure the truth of anything he's claiming is going to come into it.

I bumped into an early version of his, err, analysis of some of the photography associated with the Woolwich atrocity and it was profoundly rubbish IMO. Maybe some of his other stuff is on the nail, I don't know, but it's mixed up with patent junk.

I'm not a fan of his kind of approach. Other alt media researchers who try and go about things in a more rigorous way are invariably going to be tarred with the same brush and maybe get caught up in the restrictions that irresponsible, poorly supported mud-slinging is used to justify.

I'm not a fan of his kind of approach. Other alt media researchers who try and go about things in a more rigorous way are invariably going to be tarred with the same brush and maybe get caught up in the restrictions that irresponsible, poorly supported mud-slinging is used to justify.

I think the discrediting angle is what they'll be hoping for. Currently there's too much conspiracy loony toon "facts" turning into the truth. They are gaining credibility which needs to be removed.

From what I have read the guy seems to have valid points and raises good questions on a few aspects of anything that he investigates. He then destroys the credibility he might have built by obsessively going out of his way to prove that practically everything about a given situation is a lie.

I don't feel able to trust the judgement of someone who seemingly can't accept that some things really do just happen.

This arrest will just make more people believe whatever it was he was writing. He will get the sort of publicity that money can't buy.

Is a 2am raid really neccessary to arrest some for online harrassment?

Bored on the nightshift i expect.

Not necessary at all.

I had this argument with a regular on a football forum after about twenty fans were arrested in dawn raids after some minor trouble in a pitch invasion.

Most of them were guys with jobs, they weren't about to flee the country, so why (I said) not just write them a letter requiring them to attend an interview?

He thought that was funny, it's a mindset the police have.

Edit: the regular is in the local police, I didn't make that clear.

Is a 2am raid really neccessary to arrest some for online harrassment?

Bored on the nightshift i expect.

It softens up suspects for interrogation.

Spivey is entertaining, and talks less shite than the majority of his peers.

But he does go way over the top, and was bound to get his collar felt sooner or later.

His rants regarding the royal family do make me piss myself laughing though...

XYY

From what I have read the guy seems to have valid points and raises good questions on a few aspects of anything that he investigates. He then destroys the credibility he might have built by obsessively going out of his way to prove that practically everything about a given situation is a lie.

Sounds like he'd be right at home on HPC. Some good stuff amongst the loony junk.

Seriously though. When did being an idiot online become an arrestable offence?

What's the point signing up for the Stasi if you can't do the 2am knock on the door schtick?

Perk of the job surely.

Join the army and you get to batter his door down at 2am and beat him up in front of his screaming kids, before dragging him off never to be seen again.

But only when you're in some foreign country.

The David Icke forum thread on it is amusing.

Someone claimed he's a MI5 spy plant to spread disinformation which was just way to ironic for the conspiracy hardcore to cope with. Some feel his language just went too far, some supporting him and one claiming his Rigby ideas are just tosh.

What's he going to be charged with?

Libel is the obvious one. The Royals and Lee Rigby's family have a cast iron case against him from the bits I read.

Libel is the obvious one. The Royals and Lee Rigby's family have a cast iron case against him from the bits I read.

Libel is a civil offence.

Unless alleged harassment is involved Plod wouldn't be round to lift him at 2.00am.

Unless alleged harassment is involved Plod wouldn't be round to lift him at 2.00am.

Obviously depends who you've libelled.

Let's assume he is a plant, for a second. What better way to send a message for people into asking too many questions?

Invent a man who questions official narratives on the internet. Pose some alternative interpretations to particular events, some credible, some not, but all controversial. Then splash it all over the internet that the guy got lifted in a police raid at 2am. Pretty much the worst thing that most people living in England with a family could imagine.

That sends a very powerful message directly to a tightly targeted audience.

Even the harassment case poses a problem, whilst his ranting on the Rigby murder is frankly purile the issue will be difficult as I'm sure his arguement will be they are actors playing a part. They aren't his wife / not his family but actors therefore I'm not harrassing real people. Can you harass a family you believe are fictious?? His point will be I'm harrassing the Beales on Eastenders.

Then you have the issue that he'll undoubtedly want these fake "actors" to turn up in court which will pose the prosecution and defence lawyers all sorts of issues. I haven't read what he's written about this case as I simply refuse too because of how he's choose to write it.

Managing this now from a CPS point of view will be a nightmare and I think open up a larger can of worms. It all really depends on how much they can scare him or his legal team to get him to calm down. If he goes down the conspiracy "martyr route" any court case will turn into a huge media circus. Especially if the likes of David Icke turn up to support his claims.