House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Eurozone Inflation Falls To 0.4% In July

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28583232

Eurozone inflation has fallen to its lowest level since the height of the financial crisis, adding pressure on the European Central Bank (ECB) to act again to boost the economy.

Prices rose in the single currency area by 0.4% in July, from 0.5% in June.

The ECB considers an inflation rate of below 1% to be in a "danger zone" posing a threat of deflation.

Separate figures show that unemployment in the region fell slightly to 11.5% in June compared to 11.6% in May.

Prices not going up fast enough.

I want to pay more for goods. Is there no way I can voluntarily pay more to help out the economy. My wages haven't increased significantly but I really should pay more for goods and services so I have even less disposable income.

I really can't understand why the worlds central bankers aren't helping me to pay more for stuff I need.

Central bank and mainstream economic theory is that CPI overstates inflation by 2% due to technological advances and pro-active basket changes...hence a 2% target. A theory that will go down on here like a lead balloon.

Hence 0.4% viewed as serious deflation.

Euro-area inflation unexpectedly slowed in July to the weakest in almost five years, underscoring the European Central Bank’s concerns that the economy is too feeble to drive price growth.

Low inflation = feeble economy.

High inflation = strong economy.

Modern economic thinking is really complex, I'm glad I don't understand it.

Why not ask them to print up some money and give it to the banksters, that will help won't it?

It worked here! Fastest growing GDP in the west! Look how happy everyone is, dancing in the streets! I don't mind my life time savings being devalued just a little bit more so all the blight people who borrow to live the high life can party for a year or 2 more........