House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

I Like To Start The Day With.....a £125K Drop.

Prices getting back to being just plan crazy from totaly insane.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44128057.html?premiumA=true

30/07/2014
Price changed: from '£700,000' to '£625,000'
11/06/2014
Price changed: from '£750,000' to '£700,000'
15/05/2014
Status changed: No Chain, null, null
29/04/2014
Initial entry found.

I'm seeing almost no drops still near me (south coast of west sussex).... I just sense that the pressure is building and suddenly people will all capitulate at once.

I'm seeing almost no drops still near me (south coast of west sussex).... I just sense that the pressure is building and suddenly people will all capitulate at once.

Looks like you're waiting for the fables "ripple out effect" to reach your shores. Theory goes prices start falling in PCL, then spread out into greater London before rippling out to the rest of the country.

Give it some time.

Looks like you're waiting for the fables "ripple out effect" to reach your shores. Theory goes prices start falling in PCL, then spread out into greater London before rippling out to the rest of the country.

Give it some time.

My glossy property magazine for North/East London Zone 5/6 and West Essex has already advertised "new price" for some properties. It should take only a few months to hit the rest of the South East of England ... :wub::wub::wub:

I'd like to compare the OP's 625K asking price house in Bucks with this terrace in Swansea West.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-47326763.html

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It shows how insane your local prices are so no wonder nothing sells there now.

That house is in a good village near MK station for commuting into london.

It's till way over priced though :lol:

It shows how insane your local prices are so no wonder nothing sells there now.

That house is in a good village near MK station for commuting into london.

It's till way over priced though :lol:

I can kind of understand paying that kind of asking price for a house where you are within commuting distance of somewhere where you can earn a huge salary.

I can kind of understand paying that kind of asking price for a house where you are within commuting distance of somewhere where you can earn a huge salary.

QUite.

What I meant was that - although that asking price was also stupid - at least someone in that part of the world is close to London and high earning jobs.

Yes, I agree.

The large salaries for the london middle men is what is destroying the rest of the country.

You can't tell me you couldn't get a local mental patient, in say, HULL to also destroy the economy and create no wealth what-so-ever at a fraction of the salary ?

The HPC won't start until people are forced to sell. These drops can probably be absorbed, all the kite flyers can take their homes off the market and go back to dreaming about getting into BTL.

More 2 steps forward 1 step back again

. Though it is nice to see that the perma-mega bubble can bleed and if it bleeds we can kill it.

The HPC won't start until people are forced to sell. These drops can probably be absorbed, all the kite flyers can take their homes off the market and go back to dreaming about getting into BTL.

More 2 steps forward 1 step back again

. Though it is nice to see that the perma-mega bubble can bleed and if it bleeds we can kill it.

You may have missed something. The HPC started in 2007 and all the events of the last 6 years are part of that.

Do you see a recovery ?

The crash will be finished when this is a real recovery.

That could be another 20 years and a World war away.

Prices getting back to being just plan crazy from totaly insane.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44128057.html?premiumA=true

30/07/2014
Price changed: from '£700,000' to '£625,000'
11/06/2014
Price changed: from '£750,000' to '£700,000'
15/05/2014
Status changed: No Chain, null, null
29/04/2014
Initial entry found.

Is it me or have Rightmove now started sending reduced signs out on property, i know they have been resending properties out when they have been reduced but i have never seen them with a reduced sticker for a long while, Is this a Omen.