House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Trampa501

What's Going To Happen First? A New King, Or Withdrawal From The Eu?

Cant we have none of the above option ie non will ever happen

None will ever happen? Come on, the whole premise of this site is that a HPC will have to happen eventually, and Queenie can't live for ever (I accept Charles can't either)

I've voted for HPC, not 100% confident about that, though.

OK - I've added your option..

Edited by Trampa501

I am losing faith that there will be a HPC, there I have said it now and tempted fate.........................................................

None will ever happen? Come on, the whole premise of this site is that a HPC will have to happen eventually, and Queenie can't live for ever (I accept Charles can't either)

I've voted for HPC, not 100% confident about that, though.

OK - I've added your option..

What about an option for all to occur simultaneously?

I am losing faith that there will be a HPC, there I have said it now and tempted fate.........................................................

I don't believe you really mean that.... so, no fate tempted! :P

I don't believe you really mean that.... so, no fate tempted! :P

Well you may as well rent ill you die then............................... OH!

Well you may as well rent ill you die then............................... OH!

Haha. Yes, I'm planning to! I'm also trying to follow the temp fate logic and plan my life around no HPC happening! Although, it's not impossible that l could buy somewhere to live but only if circumstances take me to another country or to a cheaper part of the UK. While I need to live in the SE, I won't be buying, unless we do get a long awaited HPC!

BTW, I voted for Charles to become king first. I can see the Wail headlines already.... House prices fall as UK is distracted by celebrations.

Haha. Yes, I'm planning to! I'm also trying to follow the temp fate logic and plan my life around no HPC happening! Although, it's not impossible that l could buy somewhere to live but only if circumstances take me to another country or to a cheaper part of the UK. While I need to live in the SE, I won't be buying, unless we do get a long awaited HPC!

BTW, I voted for Charles to become king first. I can see the Wail headlines already.... House prices fall as UK is distracted by celebrations.

easy really.

1) charles to become king

2)charles bypasses democratic and parliamentary process by issuing royal decree that his subjects should live like hobbits

3)house price crash as everyone emigrates

Edited by oracle

I would speculate that Charles will come under significant pressure to abdicate when the time comes, especially if his mother lives for another decade or so. Charles himself will be in his mid-70s by that time, and is arguably one of the most unpopular royals (his treatment of Di, the sanctimoniousness, hypocritical speeches telling people not to fly on their hols beacuse it damages the environment, then renting a private 767 for a world tour, you name it). William, in contrast, is proving adept at the PR game. Skip a generation to save the monarchy will be the pitch (unless William has got into serious trouble before then, e.g. an acrimonious divorce), especially if a Labour government is in power at the time.

Guest The Relaxation Suite

(unless William has got into serious trouble before then, e.g. an acrimonious divorce)

Serious trouble will be harder to uncover now they have put themselves above the law of the land in terms of the FOI Act, but there is plenty of time for problems with Wills. The Middletons are the weak link and when the wheels come off that show the press is going to have a field day.

Serious trouble will be harder to uncover now they have put themselves above the law of the land in terms of the FOI Act, but there is plenty of time for problems with Wills. The Middletons are the weak link and when the wheels come off that show the press is going to have a field day.

they are certainly not above the law of the land in this country.

monarchs who thought they were have a history of being replaced(ie the stuarts)

it wasn't really the legitimacy of the bloodline that was the problem...and ONLY certain families of true scots irish and danish qualify.

, it was his attitude.

if I remember the quote correctly he basically said that monarchs were the equal of god, so should be treated like god.

shortly after there was a civil war and he was booted out.

god says monarchs will be trustees, not overlords.......or else.

he also says that should appointed monarch fail in their obligations,he reserves the right to remove them and find a more worthy specimen.

Good point. I totally forgot that Kate's father resembled Fergus Wilson on a bad day, and that her sister was trying her level best to resemble the Karcrashians.

Very interesting feedback so far. I'm more than a little surprised there have been so few votes for leaving the EU, although it may be a lot of folk here are confident the hpc is coming sooner. We shall see presently..

Queenie will want to beat her mum's record, and she'll never abdicate. Both her and Phil are testimony to what the best of everything (especially healthcare) will buy you nowadays as they are hardly starting with fantastic genes. Charles has at least another decade in waiting, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a decade and a half. He'll be 80, as unpopular as ever and quietly persuaded to pass.

Withdrawal from the EU? Unlikely, as they are the perfect scapegoat and any inconvenient laws are simply ignored.

HPC. Depends where you are. They've kept some semblance of this madness going nearly a decade and a half now. It has to come down to realistic levels at some point.

Queenie will want to beat her mum's record, and she'll never abdicate. Both her and Phil are testimony to what the best of everything (especially healthcare) will buy you nowadays as they are hardly starting with fantastic genes. Charles has at least another decade in waiting, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a decade and a half. He'll be 80, as unpopular as ever and quietly persuaded to pass.

Withdrawal from the EU? Unlikely, as they are the perfect scapegoat and any inconvenient laws are simply ignored.

HPC. Depends where you are. They've kept some semblance of this madness going nearly a decade and a half now. It has to come down to realistic levels at some point.

I disagree.

withdrawal from the EU is a very real prospect.

the reason d etre being that pretty much everybody is fed up with this top-down omnipotent caesar attitude of the people running it.

I see bastille 2.0 happening if these people persist in ignoring the plebs and carry on with their petty obsessions.

once done and dusted,then people can re-group according to their cultures...in the case of britain,we will go across the pond and join the yanks and canadians(perhaps the scot nats will see the error of their ways and join the king going across the water)

this is no time for petty minded spitefulnes and stitch-ups, the situation now is far more serious,

this is an absolute MUST.

Very interesting feedback so far. I'm more than a little surprised there have been so few votes for leaving the EU, although it may be a lot of folk here are confident the hpc is coming sooner. We shall see presently..

The British public have loathed the EU for decades. Eurosceptics have been waxed and waned for decades too. Yet here we are, Lisbon Treaty and all.

Yeah so UKIP won the European election. So what? As if they give a f***.

The British public have loathed the EU for decades. Eurosceptics have been waxed and waned for decades too. Yet here we are, Lisbon Treaty and all.

Yeah so UKIP won the European election. So what? As if they give a f***.

it's not just the british though is it.

when referenda happened.

the irish initially voted no

the french voted no

the dutch voted no

the scandinavians would also vote no

..and what was the response from the commission?

...la,la,la,,not listening, carry on regardless.

there's going to be trouble.

Guest The Relaxation Suite

Charles will be king, in my view. He's not going to wait 75-80 years to be skipped over, and remember he has the exclusive power to decide it unless he absolutely barking mad, which he clearly isn't. Also, he's not as unpopular as people say either. The British system is nothing if not predictable, and King George VII, as he might be known to disassociate himself with his work as prince and the unlucky Stuarts, will be on the throne from around 2030 to 2050, because as you say they have the best of everything.

After that we'll get King William V (circa 2050 when he is 80) and presumably his second wife because I have strong doubts about the Middletons surviving the course, and then King George VIII, etc. I was raised to support the monarchy but their behaviour over the last few years has pushed me away and the decision to put themselves above the law this year with their exclusion from the FOI Act might be the last straw for me. I'll see how it goes, but it has to be hard supporting a ruling dynasty that raises itself above laws it expects me to live by. We know how that song ends for both the citizens and the dynasty.

Edited by Lord of the Pies