House Price Crash Forum

Immigration Street Residents Try To Stop Filming.

Billy soy

HOLA441

Channel 4 has confirmed "Immigration Street" – a follow-up to Benefits Street – is to be filmed in Derby Road.

But concerns have been raised about how the show will portray immigration.

Can you guess what the concerns are about? most of the other media like to push the anti-immigrant concerns but the bbc article let the truth slip out.

'Affect house prices'

Nazrul Chaudhery, chairman of the NRA, said: "Our main concern is about how they are going to present the area. It's a mixed community and we've got no issues with anybody.

"We've seen Benefits Street and we're concerned the show could affect house prices and insurance premiums.

"If it was going to raise the profile of the area it would be different."

The show is only highlighting the fact that Southampton has a huge influx of E.U migrants settle there, now it might affect house prices potentially if it is brought to the nations attention and a 2nd or 3rd gen immigrant is leading the charge. Hilarious.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-28310525

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

It's quite a messy subject.Integration and acceptance of those that are here is rightly something all sides should aspire to reach. Though somehow preserving HPI has been elevated to a similar level,if not the primary motive for calling these emergency meetings.

Then there is the point that if the residents are scared of how the large immigrant population are percieved in this programme and how it might affect their investments then what is so bad they want it to stay out of the public eye? Ghettos and crime?

Surely if it was a show highlighting the success of multiculturalism and assimilation then they would be proud to show off their homes and community.

I suppose nobody cared until house prices were threatened, which is pretty sad.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

There should be absolutely 0 immigration other than for people holding PhDs, speaking 5 languages, skilled surgeons etc

I bet there would be no problems with 'integration' then, funnily enough

Yes

They keep trying to brain wash us that our young are unskilled and thats the reason they cannot get a job, i see hundreds of unskilled immigrants everyday and when i say unskilled i mean unskilled, and as for the latest round of Propaganda program telling us how good it is for the country they are just pathetic.

There are people in authority who are busting to tell the truth about the major problems immigration is causing but are frightened to do so.

HOLA449

What skills/qualifications does a Pole have that a local doesn't have, that stops the latter working in a bar, hotel, restaurant?

None.

Preparedness to work.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

What skills/qualifications does a Pole have that a local doesn't have, that stops the latter working in a bar, hotel, restaurant?

None.

Preparedness to work.

Just pure numbers 100 jobs 200 applicants, thats why we have unemployed british and immigrants in this country, all good for the uk though.

Archived