House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Pubs And Kids What's Wrong With This Country?

For those without kids I expect condemnation. However you cant go out for a relaxing beer with the kids to the local without nanny state interfering.

First pub has a nice bouncy castle but you have to be off the premises for 9pm!!! 60 secs away another pub and you can stop all night. Get hammered you'll be asked to leave which is fair enough.

Nanny needs to be told to get fecked.

It's a nice little pub. Pity there aren't more in the area to take the kids too. On the continent you just don't get this up tight crap.

Whatever happened to sitting the kids outside or in the car and bringing them the odd bottle of coke and bag of crisps?

Whatever happened to sitting the kids outside or in the car and bringing them the odd bottle of coke and bag of crisps?

It was lost somewhere in the war between the McCanns and the McCannNots...

XYY

Pubs should not have children in them - end of story.

Thank you! I'm even gonna say the same for coffee shops; I'm sick of going into them to read/work/have a grown up conversation with a grown up....and have one or more of the little 'darlings' screeching at the tops of their voices.

Basically if your kid is still at an age where you can't ask them to stop randomly screaming, they should be kept away from enclosed public spaces.

Yes, I am a *******. Although I'm not because I actually think that young children are often overwhelmed by these places and don't like them.

For those without kids I expect condemnation. However you cant go out for a relaxing beer with the kids to the local without nanny state interfering.

First pub has a nice bouncy castle but you have to be off the premises for 9pm!!! 60 secs away another pub and you can stop all night. Get hammered you'll be asked to leave which is fair enough.

Nanny needs to be told to get fecked.

It's a nice little pub. Pity there aren't more in the area to take the kids too. On the continent you just don't get this up tight crap.

The fact there are two pubs near each other with different policies suggests that the state, Nanny or otherwise, isn't involved at all.

Personally, I like the ability to be able to choose a child-free pub as when I was a kid they were often regarded as bolt holes for people (and especially, Dad) to escape their kids for a while.

It's not like there aren't plenty of other facilities for families where the childless are positively frowned upon from going to.

On the continent you can order beer in McDonalds. Maybe that could be introduced here? Then you have place that caters for kids, and where the parent can have a drink, if they so choose.

The problem is - and I'm not saying it includes you and yours specifically - British kids are a bunch of screaming, badly behaved brats and junior thugs. British parenting is for the most part diabolically bad while for the most part, parenting on the continent is not. That is why we cant have nice things.

Don't know if just me but kids today do as they please, they are telling their parents what they want, what they will eat,wear,go.....who is in charge here? Where did manners go? Parents do not control the kids, the kids control the parents......why is that? Few of them are taught to have respect,do they know or use the little words like please and thank you?...or are they learning fast grab it while you can, the loudest, the quickest, the strongest always gets the best sweets first?

There are horrible kids and there are nice well-brought up kids. There are far fewer of the latter around than there used to be.

Main reasons: both parents having to work to buy a house, benefits culture showing a poor example, and mass immigration meaning there is no longer a standard of proper behaviour to aim for.

Fine with kids in pubs but for out of town mainly eating pubs with play areas which I go to when with somebody who has kids and not otherwise, not for traditional pubs.

Thank you! I'm even gonna say the same for coffee shops; I'm sick of going into them to read/work/have a grown up conversation with a grown up....and have one or more of the little 'darlings' screeching at the tops of their voices.

Basically if your kid is still at an age where you can't ask them to stop randomly screaming, they should be kept away from enclosed public spaces.

Yes, I am a *******. Although I'm not because I actually think that young children are often overwhelmed by these places and don't like them.

No you're not. Listening to badly behaved humans whether they're aged 8 or 40 is bloody annoying.

Agree about pubs, not a place for children... unless they specifically encourage them with an outside play area and garden.

Children do occasionally have to travel by plane and sometimes they make a noise. Is that OK?

No you're not. Listening to badly behaved humans whether they're aged 8 or 40 is bloody annoying.

Zigackly.

This thread reminds me a little of what I saw in Italy: kiddies welcome in any restaurant, and never a problem. They're much more integrated with society in general, without the us-and-them crap we get in Blighty.

Tellingly, I never once encountered a problem with drunken/rowdy yoof in Italy. Despite far more time than I care to think about in poor, ugly, and run-down parts of Rome.

One particular occasion when I was living there: I'd just landed at Gatwick and caught the train. Across the aisle from me was a woman with a child. Child was perfectly well-behaved, not causing even mild irritation to anyone else, but the woman was still continually telling him off every time he did something so audacious as to move his hand or his head. I thought: only in England :unsure: Come to think of it, surely that's a worse form of abuse than much of today's witch-hunt stuff.

As for pubs, I guess it's all about history, and a time when the workers would want a place they could escape all kinds of pressure. Not just the kids, but equally the wives and the bosses.

Don't know if just me but kids today do as they please, they are telling their parents what they want, what they will eat,wear,go.....who is in charge here? Where did manners go? Parents do not control the kids, the kids control the parents......why is that? Few of them are taught to have respect,do they know or use the little words like please and thank you?...or are they learning fast grab it while you can, the loudest, the quickest, the strongest always gets the best sweets first?

I think in part this ties in with the same reason kids don't sit outside the pub in a car with coke and crisps. Parents have to be seen to be putting the kids first at every turn. Years ago if you gave your parents cheek you'd be lifted off the floor by one arm and smacked on the Harris. You'd be made very aware of how badly you'd behaved and it didn't matter who was watching. Nobody was going to go running to social services to tell on you. You can't be seen to be chastising the little darlings now. The kids come first.

I think it's reasonable to have "family" pubs where people can go with the their kids if they like. As long as there are still also some pubs around with no kids allowed for the people who want that.

As a dad who likes to take his kids into the pub whilst enjoying a quiet pint I find there are sufficient local pubs who are accommodating.

The biggest issue is people letting their kids run wild. It makes things awkward with my kids who I ensure are impeccably behaved.

The wild kids either belong to pikey types or middle class drips. The middle class ones are most frustrating as appauling behaviour is excused as the child expressing himself.

Children do occasionally have to travel by plane and sometimes they make a noise. Is that OK?

Yes I'll let them away with that. I always bring industrial strength earplugs on flights for this very reason - and no I'm not joking!

Oh and there's a difference between 'making a noise' and screeching at the top of your lungs continuously. Or running about a coffee shop continuously. Or a continual shouting match between a chav mother and her 4 spawn, which I was sunjected to in Cafe Nero yesterday. Horrific.

Pubs should not have children in them - end of story

Ah! You a clearly a public bar, rather than a lounge bar sort of chap!

As a dad who likes to take his kids into the pub whilst enjoying a quiet pint I find there are sufficient local pubs who are accommodating.

The biggest issue is people letting their kids run wild. It makes things awkward with my kids who I ensure are impeccably behaved.

The wild kids either belong to pikey types or middle class drips. The middle class ones are most frustrating as appauling behaviour is excused as the child expressing himself.

I see your pain! :blink:

Yes I'll let them away with that. I always bring industrial strength earplugs on flights for this very reason - and no I'm not joking!

Oh and there's a difference between 'making a noise' and screeching at the top of your lungs continuously. Or running about a coffee shop continuously. Or a continual shouting match between a chav mother and her 4 spawn, which I was sunjected to in Cafe Nero yesterday. Horrific.

You would make a crap dad, if you don't like children! :blink:

I think in part this ties in with the same reason kids don't sit outside the pub in a car with coke and crisps. Parents have to be seen to be putting the kids first at every turn. Years ago if you gave your parents cheek you'd be lifted off the floor by one arm and smacked on the Harris. You'd be made very aware of how badly you'd behaved and it didn't matter who was watching. Nobody was going to go running to social services to tell on you. You can't be seen to be chastising the little darlings now. The kids come first.

No I can't agree, you don't hit kids to control them.....good well behaved kids have never been violated against....it was a case of respect your elders, seen and not heard.......discipline starts at home.....discipline is something that is instilled from an early age...disciple is not easy it is hard consistent work .....nothing to do with empty threats and empty promises... ;)

You would make a crap dad, if you don't like children! :blink:

I get on very well with children, but I wouldn't expect 30 other people to have to listen to my kids throwing a fit for half an hour while they were trying to enjoy a coffee or a bite to eat.

No I can't agree, you don't hit kids to control them.....good well behaved kids have never been violated against....it was a case of respect your elders, seen and not heard.......discipline starts at home.....discipline is something that is instilled from an early age...disciple is not easy it is hard consistent work .....nothing to do with empty threats and empty promises... ;)

Not quite what I was getting at. Just pointing out more that parents were seen to be disciplining theIr offspring, through whatever means, rightly or wrongly, depending on your opinion, and correcting their behaviour. Now that doesn't appear to be case.