House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ologhai Jones

M P Seeks Health Answers In Astrology

BBC website: Astrology-loving MP seeks health answers in the stars.

A Conservative MP has spoken of his belief in astrology and his desire to incorporate it into medicine.
David Tredinnick said he had spent 20 years studying astrology and healthcare and was convinced it could work.
The MP for Bosworth, a member of the health committee and the science and technology committee, said he was not afraid of ridicule or abuse.
I'm just disappointed. In the species.

We knew we were fugged before this idiocy! :( We live in the age of the idiocracy!! :rolleyes:

Maybe one day, you would like to look up my telescope! You can see stars beyond stars!

I never got any "astrology" out of it! Just a wonder of "things" :rolleyes:

If my experiences of the NHS in recent years are anything to go by, you probably won't be any worse-off consulting Russell Grant or Mystic Meg.

At least you'll be able to understand the shite coming out of their mouths...

XYY

Maybe one day, you would like to look up my telescope! You can see stars beyond stars!

I never got any "astrology" out of it! Just a wonder of "things" :rolleyes:

Is a telescope better than a retrospectoscope? :)

Is a telescope better than a retrospectoscope? :)

I've certainly had a "telescope up the ****"!. I think the doctors were just having a laugh! I got better after that, so I guess it worked.

British intelligence during World War 2 apparently hired astrologers to see what advice Hitler was getting from his astrologers.

So is Millipede doing the same in order to see what advice Dave is getting from his astrologers?

The Floaters?

What an unfortunate name...

Aye! They were shit!

BBC website: Astrology-loving MP seeks health answers in the stars.

I'm just disappointed. In the species.

I'm not, but he needs to get a better one.

he got caught for not paying £755 in expenses IIRC.

didn't see that one coming did he?

FWIW astrology IS powerful stuff,if th person using it is:

a) properly skilled

b)properly motivated( not for financial or personal gain but for betterment of the society as a whole)

back in olden days it could be devised that certain times of year were better for planting and harvesting crops-

the old turn of phrase for using astrology for this purpose is called bio-dynamics.

some people have to do it by studying charts/tea leaves/goats entrails/whatever

some, the more skilled ones..can just go outside one day,take a big lungful of air, and they can "smell" when the time is right.

..same for pro-creation as it happens..we can all do it, but some are more "tuned in" than others.

astrology, per se is what I would prefer to call celestial mechanics...and it basically works like "mixing" sounds or tunes..because you are trying to get the best "sound" out of the modulation of each of the respective "waves" generated by the planets in their seperate phases.

..however the "red" brotherhood knew this stuff was also very powerful and told the masses" booga-booga,if you don't do as we tell you right now and sacrifice your firstborn then god will be angry and send a famine(or the bogeyman will get you)"

..hence keeping what could have been mutually beneficial advice for the welfare of the clan in the hands of a small clique of pharisees.

you should think of these sciences as a car.on it's own it is an inanimate object,and will not threatan anybody, it's just there.

for a competent driver, it is a useful tool to get from A to B more efficiently

for an unskilled,or malevolent user, it is a potentially lethal weapon.

drive under supervision until proficient, and then be careful and respectful of other road users.

I could go off on a tangent and tell you about how tony blair and prince charles etc are fully aware of these sciences(including geomancy too,certianly in TB's case

(the kaleidoscope has been shaken, the pieces are in flux.......he's talking about earth-grid lines of flux there) which is yet another ball game...in the case of the former it is extremely clear that he is not practicing them with the right intentions)

nothing changes,same sh1t, different century.

I've certainly had a "telescope up the ****"!. I think the doctors were just having a laugh! I got better after that, so I guess it worked.

Think that might've been an endoscope, or as it was your **** end , a retrospectoscope. :)

Think that might've been an endoscope, or as it was your **** end , a retrospectoscope. :)

It was pretty dirty when it came out! I'll bet they just washed it under the tap, and pushed it up somebody else's bum!

a) properly skilled

b)properly motivated( not for financial or personal gain but for betterment of the society as a whole)

back in olden days it could be devised that certain times of year were better for planting and harvesting crops-

the old turn of phrase for using astrology for this purpose is called bio-dynamics.

some, the more skilled ones..can just go outside one day,take a big lungful of air, and they can "smell" when the time is right.

..same for pro-creation as it happens..we can all do it, but some are more "tuned in" than others.

astrology, per se is what I would prefer to call celestial mechanics...and it basically works like "mixing" sounds or tunes..because you are trying to get the best "sound" out of the modulation of each of the respective "waves" generated by the planets in their seperate phases.

..however the "red" brotherhood knew this stuff was also very powerful and told the masses" booga-booga,if you don't do as we tell you right now and sacrifice your firstborn then god will be angry and send a famine(or the bogeyman will get you)"

..hence keeping what could have been mutually beneficial advice for the welfare of the clan in the hands of a small clique of pharisees.

you should think of these sciences as a car.on it's own it is an inanimate object,and will not threatan anybody, it's just there.

drive under supervision until proficient, and then be careful and respectful of other road users.

I could go off on a tangent and tell you about how tony blair and prince charles etc are fully aware of these sciences(including geomancy too,certianly in TB's case

(the kaleidoscope has been shaken, the pieces are in flux.......he's talking about earth-grid lines of flux there) which is yet another ball game...in the case of the former it is extremely clear that he is not practicing them with the right intentions)

As the late Patrick Moore once said, "Astrology confirms the old scientific law - there's one born every minute."

David Tredinnick said he had spent 20 years studying astrology and healthcare and was convinced it could work.

The MP for Bosworth, a member of the health committee and the science and technology committee.....

Two lines that sum up pretty much everything that's wrong with the political system in this country,

Why is it subtitled in Norwegian?

a) properly skilled

TL;DR: Wibble.