House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Banner

The Great Recession.

I just turned on the news to hear Osborne saying.....

"The great recession was very deep in the UK and we owe it to hard working taxpayers to go on working through the plan now, that is delivering economic security and a brighter future for all".

Roll on the election!

I would say economic security is virtually non-existant. And everything they are doing is designed to make it become even more so.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28479902

scroll down and you will the problem!

House Builder in Wales saying we are yet to see housing bubble in Wales!!

FFS.

Priceless, although Dave's working on that.

Conservative PPC for Thirsk and Malton was announced today; he is an estate agent.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-28478970

Edited by Joan of The Tower

Around Peterborough there is so much antisocial housing being thrown up that there is a lack of brickies to lay the bricks. A local new housing estate is even advertising for brickies at the gate. The ones they've got are so bad my 11 year old commented on their work. As the HTB cash has already run out in Scotland maybe there is a mad rush to get finished first while the government's pot of gold still has some shiny stuff in it. Another oddity is that fencing panels and bricks are reportedly in short supply with fencing companies still having jobs booked from the early May gales. I guess if you build lots of very small houses with 3 floors and put a fence round each one you use far more bricks and fencing panels than making sensible sized houses in sensible sized gardens (bigger than the 3 wheelie bins forced on residents).

Where do falling real wages and a collapsing home ownership rate fit into 'economic security for all'?

Could be quite a comical election if this is the big plan. Are Osborne et al going to run around the country pointing at a graph of nominal GDP saying "look, isn't it wonderful?"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28479902

scroll down and you will the problem!

House Builder in Wales saying we are yet to see housing bubble in Wales!!

FFS.

Fantastic.

There was a posh Geordie Estate Agent on the radio the other day desperate for interest rates to stay a 0.5 as prices hadnt risen there.

It was almost poetic to hear the fear as the idiot whined.

So its the great recession and not the great downturn? Why the sudden rebranding?

Because these idiots thinks its over and they've got it all sewn up.

Because these idiots thinks its over and they've got it all sewn up.

I don't believe they really think that, they're pumping borrowed money into the economy in the hope of keeping it on the rails until the election.

Around Peterborough there is so much antisocial housing being thrown up that there is a lack of brickies to lay the bricks. A local new housing estate is even advertising for brickies at the gate. The ones they've got are so bad my 11 year old commented on their work. As the HTB cash has already run out in Scotland maybe there is a mad rush to get finished first while the government's pot of gold still has some shiny stuff in it. Another oddity is that fencing panels and bricks are reportedly in short supply with fencing companies still having jobs booked from the early May gales. I guess if you build lots of very small houses with 3 floors and put a fence round each one you use far more bricks and fencing panels than making sensible sized houses in sensible sized gardens (bigger than the 3 wheelie bins forced on residents).

Where are the building in P'boro? Last time I looked, they had plans for a mega-expansion to the West - right out to the A1. Have they made a start on that? Didn't think they'd finished on the old brick pits yet.

I don't believe they really think that, they're pumping borrowed money into the economy in the hope of keeping it on the rails until the election.

And if they win the election they'll continue pumping borrowed money into the economy!

And if they win the election they'll continue pumping borrowed money into the economy!

They will slow down pumping money in, and then continue a couple of years before May 2020.

This is a useful reference point ----

rise in imputed rent + property prices from 2008 to 2014 = decrease in productivity of the real economy for the same period

we will be a nation of imputed rentiers more and produce less and less while gdp goes to the moon with the man on the street feeling no respite (the elite will squeeze their returns from the rest, no matter) till the day of the revolution

This is a useful reference point ----

rise in imputed rent + property prices from 2008 to 2014 = decrease in productivity of the real economy for the same period

we will be a nation of imputed rentiers more and produce less and less while gdp goes to the moon with the man on the street feeling no respite (the elite will squeeze their returns from the rest, no matter) till the day of the revolution men with guns come round and force you to go and kill other men with guns that they say wont to take away your freedom....aka WW3.

:blink:

The people who should have tried to fix the system have just kept the labour madness going.

No one is talking ( in public ) about the real problems just telling us prices ( aka GDP ) are BETTER then 2007...though 99% have much less money and it's all based on money prnting and the ponzi/pyramid scheme that caused the collapse in the first place.

Brown was scared that tanks might be put out on the streets of the UK in 2007....I think we should all be worried they will be out on the streets in 2014 !!!!

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere