House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Germany Begins Spying On Britain And America For The First Time Since 1945

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/germany-begins-spying-on-britain-and-america-for-the-first-time-since-1945-9627178.html

Chancellor Angela Merkel has ordered her counter-espionage services to begin surveillance of British and American intelligence gathering in Germany for the first time since 1945 in response to a series of US spy scandals which have badly soured relations between Berlin and Washington.

The Süddeutsche Zeitung and two-state funded German TV channels, WDR and NDR, quoted an unnamed Berlin government source who said Ms Merkel’s Chancellery and her interior and foreign ministries had agreed to launch counter-espionage measures against Britain and the US for the first time.

“Right now we need to send a strong signal,” the Süddeutsche Zeitung quoted the source as saying. The extraordinary measures are a direct response to a series of embarrassing US and British spying scandals in Germany which began last year with revelations that the US National Security Agency had bugged Ms Merkel’s mobile phone.

The Chancellor protested on several occasions that she was “not amused” by the disclosures

Back to the good old days.

I await the Wail headline of Nazi spys found in Britain.

I heard some rumour that Germany is becoming a BRICS member and leaving NATO too... it's probably just a rumour but you never know, stranger things have happened...

I heard some rumour that Germany is becoming a BRICS member and leaving NATO too... it's probably just a rumour but you never know, stranger things have happened...

wouldn't surprise me.

I think the sway of russian fuel dependence could be quite a factor.

lets face it,when this stuff in the ME kicks off,there isn't a hope in hell of germany getting their hands on any middle eastern supply.

But the two countries do have a history of initially doing trade deals, then turning on each other.

in fact,the scenario you just mentioned, if they do double-cross and leave NATO etc, then get turned on by russia, there won't be any rebuilding going on afterwards..the place will be left in tatters.

wouldn't surprise me.

I think the sway of russian fuel dependence could be quite a factor.

lets face it,when this stuff in the ME kicks off,there isn't a hope in hell of germany getting their hands on any middle eastern supply.

But the two countries do have a history of initially doing trade deals, then turning on each other.

in fact,the scenario you just mentioned, if they do double-cross and leave NATO etc, then get turned on by russia, there won't be any rebuilding going on afterwards..the place will be left in tatters.

This is almost as funny as a post I read last night on a goldbug forum by a Yank who reckoned that Germany was about to sign a pact with Putin, turn on NATO and invade the rest of Europe.

Worse, lots of other Yank goldbugs agreed with him. Hilarious.

Seems like the ZH conditioning has worked.

This is almost as funny as a post I read last night on a goldbug forum by a Yank who reckoned that Germany was about to sign a pact with Putin, turn on NATO and invade the rest of Europe.

Worse, lots of other Yank goldbugs agreed with him. Hilarious.

Seems like the ZH conditioning has worked.

I am sure people were expressing the same hilarity shortly before the Soviet/Nazi non-aggression pact was signed in 1939.

In fact Russian pacts with Germany/Prussia have been fairly common throughout history

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Prussian_alliance

Avoiding war in the East was one of the mainstays of Bismarcks foreign policy. When it was reversed buy Kaisar Wilhelm II disaster followed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinsurance_Treaty

The mutuality of interest between Merkel and Putin should not be underestimated. Neither has much to gain from instability in Eastern Europe and both have alot to lose. Only the Anglo Empires and dopey non Russian Slav counrtries with delusions of grandeur want that result