House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Executive Sadman

Daily Mail Enters New Level Of Gutter Press

While their coverage of the MH17 disaster has been deplorable throughout, being a litany of gossip and salacious speculation, laughably passing for information, now apparently this 'news'paper is dabbling in the occult...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2702947/Did-boy-predict-MH17-plane-crash-Dutch-child-11-asked-mother-happen-I-died-night-fly.html

What will they reveal tomorrow i wonder. Putin has been conspiring with space aliens to bring down jets?

The problem isn't just the daily mail, it's the fact that millions of people read it, Those behind it know more about peoples minds (fears, insecurities, biases etc etc) than people know themselves.

I love my Nan dearly, but she often goes off on a rant which clearly originated in the Mail. I see it as some kind of mind infection.

In my Utopia, everyone has completely rejected MSM.

From what I can work out, many members of this forum are already in your Utopia

The view from Utopia here, is that forming your own opinion using different sources mainstream and otherwise results in a different kind of fear. That fear is that a lot of people are incredibly gullible, easily led and might just be stupid enough to allow themselves to be led into the slaughterhouse.

That puts the fear up me! :mellow:

Is it safe to fly? As ANOTHER jet crashes, plane disaster fatalities soar 300% but experts reveal 2014 is still one of SAFEST years in aviation history

article-2704340-1FEF8A5F00000578-560_154

In a week that has seen three major air disasters - as summer holidays begin - questions are being raised about the safety of air travel.

I raise you with this!

On the other hand, I believe that by far most people are inherently good and want the same things, and common sense will prevail. So I am hopeful. I am probably being a bit negative because I have been reading the news today.

Of course they are! I went to visit a friend in rural Wales a few years back! He lived at he top of a hill in a small hamlet! Nothing much there really except a few houses! He told me "the way" of his community! If there's somebody waiting at the bottom of the hill, you give them a lift up the hill! And if there's somebody waiting at the phone box, you give them a lift into town! All very beautiful, because a lot of people there didn't have cars! Or might be too old to drive, and it worked!

That is how things work out in the bush in Australia and very similar to the rural way of life in Thailand. I am sure this is the case in many parts of the world but I can only comment on my own experience.

It would seem that having more has made us forget about our actions or lack of them impinging on other people.

Now you get arrested, for photographing your niece doing gymnastics!

Please tell me that is not true.

Took this way OT I know but anyway in a similar vein.

My wife teaches dance and was asked by someone she knew to go to the local brownies and give a little demonstration. So she pops along and I gave her a lift. About halfway through I got my camera out and took a couple of pictures so she could use them in the future as examples of what she does. I was shocked by the reaction from the staff who were appalled at my behaviour and asked me to switch the camera off. I felt dreadful afterwards that people could even think in that way and also that I had been so naive.

So I am hoping that it wasn't yourself who got in trouble for photographing their niece, but my own experience suggests that it could happen

I suppose it would have been polite to ask first, and maybe if you'd phrased it as "mind if I take a couple of promotional shots for my wife's website?" or similar they'd have had a much harder time objecting.

But in general that sort of thing, like people getting hassled for taking pics at kiddies playparks etc. gets right on my wick. Anyone who asked me to stop taking photos in public would get extremely short shrift!

Of course they are! I went to visit a friend in rural Wales a few years back! He lived at he top of a hill in a small hamlet! Nothing much there really except a few houses! He told me "the way" of his community! If there's somebody waiting at the bottom of the hill, you give them a lift up the hill! And if there's somebody waiting at the phone box, you give them a lift into town! All very beautiful, because a lot of people there didn't have cars! Or might be too old to drive, and it worked!

Sounds an awful lot like my rural hamlet in Wales. Once had three different neighbours stop and offer a lift when walking down the road.

The MSM are best treated with amusement or ignored as for sure they will be blowing something else up out of all proportion in a few weeks time. As for human nature and fear, not much we can do about this - it's part of who we are - even if you consider yourself enlightened or able to see through some of it. The number of conspiracy theories and end of the world is nigh posts here suggests many posters have simply replaced one set of fears with another.

If a hard core paedo is wanting pics of kids - I am sure they will go to the lengths of using some long lens sort of camera to get their warped cheap thrills.

Telling off people for taking pictures in some sort of show is almost as ******ed up as the paedo in the first place ffs :(

Well I have never been rebuked for my lack of manners previously. Why should anyone have to ask permission to take a photo of something that is on full display in public. Isn't that accepting the idea that I may have had bad intentions. People and men in particular need to be braver about this whole scenario, we are slowly getting into a position where our interactions with children are being controlled by the nasty prejudices and insinuations of others.

It speaks to the mentality or groupthink going on that every man is a potential peadophile, the reality being that most child sexual abuse goes on within family groupings.

Men are being marginalised in this situation, I do appreciate that in society men have the advantage in most other situations. It feels like a climate of Savilism where the peados 'are under the bed'.

They don't own the photons!

I once gave a mother short shrift for asking me in an insinuating way, "Why did you speak to my daughter?". I posted the tale here and another poster asked me how I knew the girl was 4 years old. The UK is sick. Very ill indeed.

She made it home just in time to faint.

She now grapples with the what-ifs, the astronomical odds, the realisation that the world she knew became alien in the blink of an eye.

Yeah right. I think she made it home just in time to cash in on some tragic journalism payment.

Please tell me that is not true.

Took this way OT I know but anyway in a similar vein.

My wife teaches dance and was asked by someone she knew to go to the local brownies and give a little demonstration. So she pops along and I gave her a lift. About halfway through I got my camera out and took a couple of pictures so she could use them in the future as examples of what she does. I was shocked by the reaction from the staff who were appalled at my behaviour and asked me to switch the camera off. I felt dreadful afterwards that people could even think in that way and also that I had been so naive.

So I am hoping that it wasn't yourself who got in trouble for photographing their niece, but my own experience suggests that it could happen

Appalled is probably an overreaction but even without the current "peds under the beds" scare, there are good reasons to ask permission first.

Sure it's a public space, and it's one thing to take pictures for private (non-paedo) use - but using them for promotional activity or otherwise out of context can understandably make people feel uncomfortable.

I read of one case, for example, where someone's pic of a friend on flickr ended up being the face of an advertising campaign with a rather unpleasant byline:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/technology/virgin-sued-for-using-teens-photo/2007/09/21/1189881735928.html

Guest eight

Sure it's a public space, and it's one thing to take pictures for private (non-paedo) use - but using them for promotional activity or otherwise out of context can understandably make people feel uncomfortable.

One of the parents at my daughter's school recently found out quite by accident that her younger son's nursery have been using his image on their promotional material. She is fine with it, as would I be, but I think it's pretty bad manners not to at least tell her about it - let alone ask her - beforehand. I wouldn't worry about any peado angle but I think I would want to see some hard cash!

Guest eight

People and men in particular need to be braver about this whole scenario, we are slowly getting into a position where our interactions with children are being controlled by the nasty prejudices and insinuations of others.

I agree with that. You should actually be brave enough, if challenged, to say "So you're saying I'm going to go home and jerk off while looking at a picture of your snotty toddler dressed as a wise man? Is that what you're actually suggesting?"

I agree with that. You should actually be brave enough, if challenged, to say "So you're saying I'm going to go home and jerk off while looking at a picture of your snotty toddler dressed as a wise man? Is that what you're actually suggesting?"

It's a fine line to tread that one.