House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blobloblob

Question For Fans Of Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy

I shall be attending a fancy dress event as Arthur Dent, in the guise the original TV series version. As it's a fairly plain costume, I want to have a couple of props about my person with some sort of connection to the show.

I've got a couple of toy white mice but I would appreciate other suggestions. Must be small, light and cheap as this is a festival where I'm likely to get soaking wet, absolutely hammered or quite likely both.

Arthur-Dent.jpg

Level 42 CD is a possibility but even with my lack of a sense of shame, I don't think I could bring myself to buy one.

A 286 pc my dad acquired in 1990 came with a HHGTDG text game. Don't think I ever made it out of the Vogon hold.

A Norweigan fjord.

If you are going on a pub crawl the towel might get you barred crom certain places. Offensive weapon and all that.

I would have thought that a Norwegian fjord was more of an offensive weapon - what with all those jagged edges and all.

Do you want to include items from the radio series or just stick to the TV adaptation ?

What specific radio objects are there?

What specific radio objects are there?

There are 5 radio series. It's all a bit confusing as the first 2 differ from the books and the first differs from the TV series.

You could have

A cricket ball or a wooden cricket stump (from the Krikett wars) - you could use the Heart of Golds Improb drive as well - the main part of it was a golden cricket bail

A polystyrene cup which he threw at the Nutrimatic machine and which was included in an 11-mile high statue of him

A rabbit bone in a false beard (he grew a beard stuck on Earth)

There are loads but they get increasingly obscure.

A Norweigan fjord.

If you are going on a pub crawl the towel might get you barred crom certain places. Offensive weapon and all that.

Festival is in the Lake District so I'm counting that as meaning that fjords are already covered.

Probably the most obvious one, mentioned already, is a copy of The Book with "Don't Panic" on the cover, you could maybe hang it around your neck on a rope to save you carrying it.

For a T-Shirt, either "So this is it. We're going to die", or "This is obviously some strange definition of the word safe that I was not previously aware of" (do check exact quotes) would work as slogans.

I went as Arthur Dent once - simply in PJs and dressing gown with a copy of the book in the front pocket.

Ideally I'd have had a Lintilla clone on each arm, but then again if I had them I doubt I'dve bothered going to the party...