House Price Crash Forum

Heatwave Plan For England 2014

Bossybabe

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Ah John Redwood would be delighted, work in progress in deed on UK warming. These are the Met office figures by comparison to an already warm post 1981 Uk average. and remember + 2 degrees C is supposed to be cataclysmic for the environment. One thing for sure John Redwood's GDP boost appears to be happening so far............

2014 comparison to mean

Jan...+1.1 c

Feb...+1.5

Mar...+1.2

Apr..+1.8

May...+0.9

June..+1.2

Yep, global warming bring it on.

climate summaries for 2014....

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/summaries/2014

HOLA445

WTF, NHS is so flipping wasteful. Someone disagrees with cuts, show them that rubbish.

The heat generated by the outrage reading that garbage is greater than the heat generated by the sun on this cold frickin tiny patch of a country.

Stop wasting resources, reduce air pollution, stop using GMOs etc if you think warming is man made but the people can't do this. Its like mindless celebrities going on tv to boost their careers asking people for tiny donations in aid of some barmy cause when those celebrities together have more power to change things than anyone else.

HOLA446

Always makes me laugh how they try and pin DEATH on heat. The reality is in England (and most the world) far more death is due to cold related illnesses than heat related ones. A naked body can withstand temperatures up to 74c, but even 10c will slowly kill you on the other side.

Global warming (if true) will SAVE lives if we're talking temperatures. Yes, a humid 30c might be a little sweaty, but its just a normal summers day in most of North America and continental europe.

HOLA447

Think of the time & energy wasted writing, producing and distributing that public service information.

Here's my version and a free one too.

Heatwave Plan for 2014

• Open windows
  • Wear less layers
  • Drink cool drinks

End of Plan.

Winter Plan for 2014

• Do the opposite of Heatwave Plan

End of Plan

HOLA448

Example text:

"We strongly support a system-wide

approach to assessing the nature of the
problem and addressing these across
organisations locally that makes most
effective and efficient use of resources. "
:blink:

This has made me laugh and cry at the same time.

Laugh at the stupidity of it and cry that somebody gets paid to write this cr@p.

I could think of a few abbreviations to add to that glossary too.

HOLA449

Example text:

"We strongly support a system-wide

approach to assessing the nature of the
problem and addressing these across
organisations locally that makes most
effective and efficient use of resources. "
:blink:

That's not even grammatically correct. Mind you, I couldn't actually find it in the text. What page is it on?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Think of the time & energy wasted writing, producing and distributing that public service information.

Here's my version and a free one too.

Heatwave Plan for 2014

• Open windows
  • Wear less layers
  • Drink cool drinks

End of Plan.

Winter Plan for 2014

• Do the opposite of Heatwave Plan

End of Plan

While yours wins on brevity, it falls down on accuracy. When it's hotter outside than inside, for example, it makes more sense to close the windows for a while during the afternoon to keep the heat out.

Edit: And that's fewer layers, btw. ;)

HOLA4413

While yours wins on brevity, it falls down on accuracy. When it's hotter outside than inside, for example, it makes more sense to close the windows for a while during the afternoon to keep the heat out.

Yes, that's what the locals do, shutters closed during the day to keep out heat and open at night to let in cooler air.

If you visit a Spaniard at home during the day, the place will be in darkness and he will be asleep!

Anyway, is it really a heat wave? A few days of mid 20s temperature. Read about the 2003 summer in France to get some idea of what is a dangerous heat wave.

HOLA4414

Edit: And that's fewer layers, btw. ;)

Would wearing the same number of thinner layers count as less? :unsure:

HOLA4415

Unless you've got air-con it's unlikely that the inside temp is going to be cooler, the real difference is going to be solar gain so closing curtains is going to be your best bet, possibly keeping the windows open at the same time.

HOLA4416

Its not really a heatwave IMO - just very nice weather.

Temp has barely been above 30 this year- I would class that as a heatwave in the south. Up here anything above 25.

As the figures above are showing - its just generally a little warmer this year than 'normal' - with some pleasant weather attached.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Nope. Fresh air is better than foul in all weathers.

This is Blighty, where the weather never gets seriously hot nor seriously cold. If you find the heat uncomfortable, try getting some tips from someone who's lived somewhere hot. My own experience from six years in central Italy[1] is that 40 degrees at 1pm is a lot easier to live with than 25 at 1am.

[1] Where summer is halfway from what Brits call hot to seriously hot.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Its not really a heatwave IMO - just very nice weather.

Temp has barely been above 30 this year- I would class that as a heatwave in the south. Up here anything above 25.

As the figures above are showing - its just generally a little warmer this year than 'normal' - with some pleasant weather attached.

I remember summers here in the sixties and early seventies when we had temps if up to 35 C. If this is "global warming", it's piss-poor.

HOLA4422
Guest eight

I remember summers here in the sixties and early seventies when we had temps if up to 35 C. If this is "global warming", it's piss-poor.

If it's piss poor, it's very dry, considering. I thought one of the warmist's claims was that warmer weather = more rain?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Agree with that. No heatwave, just some nice summer weather, a little better than usual.

It will all end in rain, as soon as I take a week off! :blink:

Archived