House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

The U.s. 2014 Recession.

I read ( on here today ) someone saying the U.S> is back in recession, come the next set of official figures.

Is this true ?

How will that hit sentiment here in the U.K of A. ?

The UK is sure to follow, like night after day.

We saw from 2007 some of the headlines talking up the recovery year after year ( green shoots my a**e ), similar to the great depression headlines.

We've had 18 months now of being told ( by the tories and the MSM ) that everything has recovered, which I can assure you (after 10 years of no income increase, food prices that have shot up, paying £80 for a tank of diesel, no pension worth investing in, house prices in planet la la London land, interest rates still at 0.5% ) , it has not.

No one i know believes there is a recovery. The only signs of a recovery are a sub-prime BTL government money printing deposit guaranteed ( to the banks ) backed London mega bubble, which in itself is not a recovery but the manifestation of the actual problem ( loose credit and an economy being run for people who create no wealth but will tell you otherwise ).

I read ( on here today ) someone saying the U.S> is back in recession, come the next set of official figures.

Is this true ?

How will that hit sentiment here in the U.K of A. ?

The UK is sure to follow, like night after day.

We saw from 2007 some of the headlines talking up the recovery year after year ( green shoots my a**e ), similar to the great depression headlines.

We've had 18 months now of being told ( by the tories and the MSM ) that everything has recovered, which I can assure you (after 10 years of no income increase, food prices that have shot up, paying £80 for a tank of diesel, no pension worth investing in, house prices in planet la la London land, interest rates still at 0.5% ) , it has not.

No one i know believes there is a recovery. The only signs of a recovery are a sub-prime BTL government money printing deposit guaranteed ( to the banks ) backed London mega bubble, which in itself is not a recovery but the manifestation of the actual problem ( loose credit and an economy being run for people who create no wealth but will tell you otherwise ).

so the us already has one quarter of negative growth under its belt?

if this is true does this mean more qe?

Orchistrated crash so the cash rich can clear up.

Fine with me.

Especially after listening to Analysis on R4 this evening; how banks have been demonised over their part if easy lending, but consumer/borrowers have not, and don't seem to have learned anything. Majority don't consider their mortgages to be debt, still vast hunger for debt, and older people now look to more property investment, as it only goes up, to make up on low rate savings.