House Price Crash Forum

Propaganda

HOLA441
HOLA442

Israel uses Parliament to justify Gaza attack

IDF_Big_Ben_tweet_2981292g.jpg

Tweet shows Britain's Palace of Westminster in flames and rockets flying overhead

Close call especially if the rockets where shown blowing up Parliament the intended message may have been lost.

I'm guessing Netanyahu's PR whizz kids in Israel haven't been following the Paedogeddon story too closely

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Clearly, the Israeli PR machine is unaware of the degree of contempt the average Brit regards their politicians.

Here's one for the animal, as opposed to politician, lovers...

DT: Donkey suicide bomb stopped by Israeli troops in Gaza

Troops say they were forced to open fire on the animal as it approached their position in the southern city of Rafah, near the Egyptian border

HOLA446
HOLA447

To be pedantic, it wasn't a suicide bomb since the donkey was presumably unaware of its intended fate.

Clearly you don't have any pets else you'd know that they understand every word you say. He is now in donkey heaven with his allocation of donkey virgins...

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I agree, I think unwitting bomb Mule would be a better description.

Unwitting bomb mule donkey?

A person transporting drugs is a drugs mule, so a donkey transporting drugs would be a drugs mule donkey, and a mule transporting drugs would be a, er... drugs mule mule.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Ok gang, what do you think to this video about the Israel conflict? I saw it doing the rounds on Facebook last night:

I'm sure that is propaganda, but I have to say I know very little about it.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

We had it with the IRA.

In the end a peaceful solution was found through dialogue.

Or you could say the leadership were bought off with powerful political roles and, for the rest of the movement, a blind eye was turned to a massive bank raid and other racketeering.

HOLA4417

We had it with the IRA.

Surely the biggest single factor there was "9/11", which slashed IRA funding as lots of 'merkins lost their appetite for funding terrorism.

That was the upside of Blair's shoulder-to-shoulder!

HOLA4418

It might make an interesting starting point for examination of the conflict. Simplifying the situation down to one side wants the other dead, doesn't do justice to the historical context which is barely touched upon in the video.

That video appears to be made for the kind of people known in the education profession as having Special Needs.

It's tricky to pick out the top omission or over-simplification but I'm going to go for the presence of thousands of heavily armed, fundamentalist lunatic squatters on Palestinian lands who are most certainly not in the business of giving up the land they've appropriated in exchange for peace, or anything else. Many Israelis and the UN agree that these 'settlers' are taking the p1ss. Not that the UN is necessarily the final arbiter of right or wrong but the deceitful chap who made that video seems to approve of, and refer to, UN resolutions when it suits him.

wiki: Israeli settlement

PS It goes without saying that the lunatic Palestinians are no better than the lunatic Israelis.

HOLA4419

Surely the biggest single factor there was "9/11", which slashed IRA funding as lots of 'merkins lost their appetite for funding terrorism.

That was the upside of Blair's shoulder-to-shoulder!

The peace agreement was signed and voted on in a referendum in 1998.

HOLA4420

The peace agreement was signed and voted on in a referendum in 1998.

Yes, but for years after that progress was blocked by the issue of "decommissioning" weapons. One side thought it was a core part of the agreement, but the IRA said they weren't party to the agreement.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Yes, but for years after that progress was blocked by the issue of "decommissioning" weapons. One side thought it was a core part of the agreement, but the IRA said they weren't party to the agreement.

Agreed, but I think the breakthrough was initially made in the 1990s - probably starting with John Major.

I suppose you are correct in pointing to 9/11 as bringing about a change in attitudes in the US.

It is interesting to ponder how Bliar would be remembered now if he had left office before the Iraq war - the Good Friday Agreement would be more to the fore in his legacy - now he is remembered above all for his bloodthirsty war mongering.

HOLA4423

We had it with the IRA.

Israel is not interested in a peaceful solution. It is interested in a final solution.

Lets face it - Gaza is simply a ghetto. Its entirely analogous to the Warsaw ghetto and just like the Warsaw ghetto, there is some resistance from within. And just like the Warsaw ghetto, the oppresors term the resistance 'terrorism' and lauch offensives to stamp it out - squealing like stuck pigs when they incurr a few casualties in the process. Its only the eyes of the world that prevents Israel from liquidating the ghetto.

I see they bombed a hospital. Dirlewanger would have approved.

HOLA4424

Israel is not interested in a peaceful solution. It is interested in a final solution.

Lets face it - Gaza is simply a ghetto. Its entirely analogous to the Warsaw ghetto and just like the Warsaw ghetto, there is some resistance from within. And just like the Warsaw ghetto, the oppresors term the resistance 'terrorism' and lauch offensives to stamp it out - squealing like stuck pigs when they incurr a few casualties in the process. Its only the eyes of the world that prevents Israel from liquidating the ghetto.

So aptly put.

HOLA4425

On a related thread I mentioned a recent documentary where six former (and the current) shin bet leaders talk about the futility of continuing to mow Palestinians down whilst following a policy which makes any kind of peace settlement impossible. The presence of supremacist settlers on lands which would be part of a Palestinian state was identified as the biggest turd in the punchbowl.

I mention this because at least some people in the heart of the Israeli military do, at the very least, acknowledge that their state needs to clean its act up. Unfortunately, due to nature of coalition politics in Israel and the influence of the hard-liners, the prospects of that happening aren't all that good.

Archived