House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Killer Bunny

Max Keiser Not So Holier Than Thou, Today, By Inference

The most sensible and balanced post in this thread, sf-09. The EU/US were naïve buffoons who stirred up a hornets' nest and Putin is degenerating into Diet Stalin, but the truly tragic shooting down of that civilian passenger plane was mostly down to the incompetence of Russo-Ukrainian militia rednecks rather than pre-planned malice in Washington or Moscow.

Edited by Big Orange

Seems like the same stunt CIA/MI6 played a few months back over Crimea.

They are getting so repetitive!

I agree. I form my opinions based on as wide as possible base of international media, somewhere between lies a balance, they all have their own biases. The BBCs coverage is just shocking, but then again it always has been, if you regard the BBC as fair and balanced then you probably wouldn't even notice it, because it never happened, even while it was happening, it never happened, it was of no consequence, it simply wasn't news worthy. The agenda the BBC have been pushing is really quite terrifying, it puts us on a trajectory to war, in Ukraine, Africa, Syria.

For an understanding of the media, one would do well to read the preface to George Orwells Animal Farm, which was ironically unpublished.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/korob/Orwell.html

For some balance on the Ukraine situation, people would do well to read the German Media, its quite a contrast to the UK/US stuff.

http://www.thelocal.de/20140719/merkel-putin-agree-on-international-probe-of-mh17-crash

Well not really - it blatantly comes across as trigger-happy rednecks pumped up by Moscow rather than your rather odd alternative.

I stress 'comes across' because apart from that obvious knee-jerk judgement, theres nothing much concrete in the news.

So, what...major foreign policy decsisons affecting the lives of millions should now be based on the vague concept of how something "comes across" and knee

jerk reactions? Oh, sorry, thats what we're already doing isn't it. If you'd read my article properly you'd understand that it does not make any claims as to who did or did not shoot down MH17, rather it is a caution against judging the issue on "how things come across" when there are still many unanswered (unasked, even) questions like, for example, why did air traffic control in Kiev re-route the flight north from its intended flight plan (into an air corridor already known to be unsafe) and ask it to fly lower? You might like to read what I wrote again:

http://wp.me/p4mCVX-uS

Max is back to ramping "yellow stuff" on Twitter. Probably a good idea to look for shorting opportunities

Edited by aSecureTenant

A controversial view from a former Washington insider:

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2014/07/19/happened-malaysian-airliner-paul-craig-roberts/

Hard to know what to make of some of Paul Craig Roberts views these days.

An interesting article with a few new points. I took the Putin assassination attempt notion as someone muddying the waters, and it also seems to be mad for Putin to be flying anywhere near Ukraine, but PCR does make a good case for why, if it were true, the Russians would want to deny it.

I have not seen an official Russian denial, but according to news reports, the Russian government in response to the Interfax news report said that Putin’s presidential plane no longer flies the Ukraine route since the outbreak of hostilities.

Before we take the denial at face value, we need to be aware that the implication that Ukraine attempted to assassinate the president of Russia implies war, which Russia wants to avoid. It also implies Washington’s complicity as it is highly unlikely that Washington’s puppet in Kiev would risk such a dangerous act without Washington’s backing. The Russian government, being intelligent and rational, would obviously deny reports of an attempted assassination of the Russian president by Washington and its Kiev puppet. Otherwise, Russia has to do something about it, and that means war.

For anybody who has read accounts of the Cuban missile crisis or seen the movie Thirteen Days, they might recall that while JFK and his coterie were attempting to calm things down, the 'Brass' were doing all they could to trigger an incident.

An interesting article with a few new points. I took the Putin assassination attempt notion as someone muddying the waters, and it also seems to be mad for Putin to be flying anywhere near Ukraine, but PCR does make a good case for why, if it were true, the Russians would want to deny it.

For anybody who has read accounts of the Cuban missile crisis or seen the movie Thirteen Days, they might recall that while JFK and his coterie were attempting to calm things down, the 'Brass' were doing all they could to trigger an incident.

I think what is making me laugh about this orchestrated media propaganda thing is the idea that it was needed for people to point fingers at Russia and the Red-necks.

We've followed the Ukraine story, to its disintegration into pictures of the ominous balaclava'd militia marking a Russian line in the sand and celebrating a state out of control within its parent state.

in the absence of compelling evidence, its entirely possible to prove black equals white - which is why convoluted geo-political conspiracy theories tend to be ignored. As shooting a passenger plane out of the sky doesn't on the face of it seem to be in anybody's interest its entirely sensible to assume it was by accident.

So which militaristic imbeciles are most likely to have done this ? Well funnily enough, we're all blaming the blokes in the balaclavas. Is that media bias or the common sense conclusion that inadvertently Putin himself has promoted ?

I think what is making me laugh about this orchestrated media propaganda thing is the idea that it was needed for people to point fingers at Russia and the Red-necks.

We've followed the Ukraine story, to its disintegration into pictures of the ominous balaclava'd militia marking a Russian line in the sand and celebrating a state out of control within its parent state.

in the absence of compelling evidence, its entirely possible to prove black equals white - which is why convoluted geo-political conspiracy theories tend to be ignored. As shooting a passenger plane out of the sky doesn't on the face of it seem to be in anybody's interest its entirely sensible to assume it was by accident.

So which militaristic imbeciles are most likely to have done this ? Well funnily enough, we're all blaming the blokes in the balaclavas. Is that media bias or the common sense conclusion that inadvertently Putin himself has promoted ?

But the logically contradictory nature of your post lies in the fact that we are discussing is and discussing it in these terms. Clearly this has been in the interests of Kiev and the US/UK.

Max Keiser (@ maxkeiser) tweeted at 4:22 PM on Sun, Jul 20, 2014:

I also feel sorry for Israelis now that history will regard them as this past century's worst butchers.

(https://twitter.com/ maxkeiser/status/ 490879328360464385)

Er...

Max Keiser (@ maxkeiser) tweeted at 4:22 PM on Sun, Jul 20, 2014:

I also feel sorry for Israelis now that history will regard them as this past century's worst butchers.

(https://twitter.com/ maxkeiser/status/ 490879328360464385)

Er...

i take it you are quite happy to see that 350-odd Palestinians have been killed so far in this round - a large proportion of them children?

I am NOT getting into a debate about this. Just one point: Hamas fired over 1000 missiles into Israel during World Cup.

Rhetorical: what would you do if it were into your county ( Israel is as small as an English county)?

I am NOT getting into a debate about this. Just one point: Hamas fired over 1000 missiles into Israel during World Cup.

Rhetorical: what would you do if it were into your county ( Israel is as small as an English county)?

We did not slaughter kids on the beach in the Irish Republic when the IRA fired rockets over the border into south Armagh.

How many of them did the dead kids fire?

You do realize that Hamas fire them to provoke the Israelis into precisely this kind of heavy-handed response, right? So Hamas are winning, right? So you understand that it's a really ******ing stupid thing for the Israelis to do, right?

I am sorry I possibly did not make myself clear

"Hamas fired over 1000 missiles into Israel during World Cup."

I am sorry I possibly did not make myself clear

"Hamas fired over 1000 missiles into Israel during World Cup."

How many casualties?

Because I am sure that it was nearer 0 than the 425 score against the Palestinian deaths so far in this Nazi-like collective punishment.

Astoundingly poor thinking.

What was the objective of the over 1000 missiles, irrespective of the defence measures taken?

How awful so few Israelis were murdered. What a shame.

Astoundingly poor thinking.

What was the objective of the over 1000 missiles, irrespective of the defence measures taken?

How awful so few Israelis were murdered. What a shame.

They were probably Arab versions of Standard Fireworks.

In any case there is something Nazi-like in the disproportionate response, targetting women and children, and civilians in general as opposed to Hamas, whom I am sure you are aware, were created by the Israeli state to fight the PLO.