House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Killer Bunny

Max Keiser Not So Holier Than Thou, Today, By Inference

Good for her.

I can't imagine our beeboid propogandists being directed by their morals in a similar way.

Not sure what MK has to do with it though... If he was asked to report lies on the plane story, maybe he would have walked too?

Let's say he was asked to comment on Russia fascism, oligopolies, finances... etc

oh he has. And what does he say every time?

Russia is a freer society and market than the West. :blink:

Edited by Killer Bunny

Never heard him say that to be honest, but then I got tired of his over the top ranting style and haven't watched for a year or so.

I'm confused.

Just because Russia blatantly isn't free doesn't mean the West is either.

I think it's just easier to spot the dark forces running Russia than it is in most Western countries. They're fresher and closer to the surface. The dark forces running the West might well be centuries old and have out lived so many generations most people don't see them as dark forces anymore. They're just part of the establishment.

I'm confused.

Just because Russia blatantly isn't free doesn't mean the West is either.

I think it's just easier to spot the dark forces running Russia than it is in most Western countries. They're fresher and closer to the surface. The dark forces running the West might well be centuries old and have out lived so many generations most people don't see them as dark forces anymore. They're just part of the establishment.

Thats just about the same view i have .... both just as corrupt as each other it`s just one are better at hiding it than the other

Both have their own ad-genders with a bit of luck you may find the truth somewhere in the middle

Getting pretty sick of the rant part of his programme, though he does have some good guests.

If I watch it is via youtube, and I go straight to the interview.

I is a shame that the HPC/Sound Money type people don't have many people in the media to state their concerns who do not come across as complete nut-cases!.

Terry Smith is the only one I can think of.

Getting pretty sick of the rant part of his programme, though he does have some good guests.

If I watch it is via youtube, and I go straight to the interview.

It was different to begin with but it wears thin over time but at the same time it`s also refreshing to see a point of view from the other side of the fence so to speak even if it`s as far left as the other is far right

Never heard him say that to be honest, but then I got tired of his over the top ranting style and haven't watched for a year or so.

Yes on twitter at least twice I recall

Where is the evidence that Russia is to blame? We have assertions from the same people who talked of WMDs in Iraq and 'Assad gassed his own people' - both claims now known to be false.

And are you not a little bit ashamed of yourselves for falling for the 'RT journalist resigns in protest' story - again, just a couple of months after the last crisis involving Russia? It's straight out of the CIA/MI6 playbook.

Edited by 1929crash

The war in Ukraine was started by the EU/US axis of evil, RT has got the vile nature of these 2 totalitarian states pretty much spot on.

Agree. I would say currently that RT is the only station reporting anything even approaching the truth re. Ukraine.

BBC, CNN, FOX (and the British press) et al are complete jokes in comparison.

The smearing of Max Keiser by KIllerbunny is about as convincing as showing a video clip of Rolf Harris with Jimmy Savile and using that to convict the Australian.

The war in Ukraine was started by the EU/US axis of evil, RT has got the vile nature of these 2 totalitarian states pretty much spot on.

Exactly. I'm not quite sure why this journalist has resigned over what she terms as "Russian" lies: it seems to me that the lies are as likely to be coming from the West regarding who shot down MH17 as from Russia. Certainly the rush to place blame on Russia has been suspiciously quick, contrived even. In reality, if you look at the whole matter from the perspective of "cui bono," you would have to decide that it's far more likely that the US and Ukranian governments are behind the downing of the plane...theres also a whole list of other interesting but unanswered (unasked, even) questions about this tragic flight which you can see here if interested:

http://wp.me/p4mCVX-uS

Exactly. I'm not quite sure why this journalist has resigned over what she terms as "Russian" lies: it seems to me that the lies are as likely to be coming from the West regarding who shot down MH17 as from Russia. Certainly the rush to place blame on Russia has been suspiciously quick, contrived even. In reality, if you look at the whole matter from the perspective of "cui bono," you would have to decide that it's far more likely that the US and Ukranian governments are behind the downing of the plane...theres also a whole list of other interesting but unanswered (unasked, even) questions about this tragic flight which you can see here if interested:

Seems like the same stunt CIA/MI6 played a few months back over Crimea.

They are getting so repetitive!

Nobody knows, but it should not have been allowed to happen.

A civilian aircraft should not have been anywhere near that airspace.

As for RT MK or any journalist, I never take any on face value.

Well not really - it blatantly comes across as trigger-happy rednecks pumped up by Moscow rather than your rather odd alternative.

I stress 'comes across' because apart from that obvious knee-jerk judgement, theres nothing much concrete in the news.

Well not really - it blatantly comes across as trigger-happy rednecks pumped up by Moscow rather than your rather odd alternative.

I stress 'comes across' because apart from that obvious knee-jerk judgement, theres nothing much concrete in the news.

We can all speculate about who caused it - but we have no real proof. It could be pro Moscow rednecks - but we don't actually know. All we have is speculation, rumour, deleted tweets and potentially faked you tube videos.

If it is darker forces - well Putin would be mad to action doing this as the consequences could only be negative for Russia.

As for Max Keiser - I have never heard him or Stacey commenting on Ukraine or Russia at all. If RT is the only channel that allows this alternative perspective which isn't what our mainstream media allow to be put out about what is happening in the UK and US then so be it. I wasn't aware from the BBC or Sky that thousands of people in Detroit are facing having their water supply cut off as they can't pay their water bills (cos the rates have gone up since it went bankrupt and the population has fallen) - as an example - but RT lets us know.

The BBC is in effect funded by a government tax, the UK government started a war in Iraq - arguably illegal - which saw over 100,000 men, women and kids die. So by same logical deduction if you host a show on the BBC you endorse the murder of innocent women and children. I think not!

Carry on reporting Max and Stacey - because while yes it can be over the top they actually discuss things which need discussing in more depth than Kay Burley can provide.

Edited by MARTINX9

RT at least provides a counterpoint to the BS coming from 'our' mass media who despite being supposedly independent always seem to sing very closely from the same hymnsheet.

Witness the Ukrainian situation - took all of 2-3 hours for the media en-masse to blame 'Russians' and call for Putin's head. This despite the fact that there's still no hard evidence to support that theory, although it certainly does look likely that it was the rebels.

On the other hand - ongoing slaughter in Gaza with civilian death toll approaching that of the crash and a much more muted response. Certainly no suggestion of holding the Americans responsible for providing the high-tech weapons being used to slaughter Gazan civilians.

A total demonstration of how the media are anything but independent.

The BBC during Iraq was airing a hell of a lot of anti war viewpoints so hardly on a par with RT. As did C4, ITV etc. RT is 100% funded from the Russian state budget with no independent oversight. There's a clear agenda of painting Russia in a positive light.

The BBC is different though in funding and stewardship alongside structure, and of course is flawed in many respects. Still, having issues with the BBC is ok but its a foolish step to then go the other way and believe pretty much wholesale what RT puts out. It puts some alternative viewpoints out - some worthwhile, a hell of a lot completely unreliable and from a clear agenda.

As for Isreal - sadly its a conflict ongoing for decades so not the same news 'value'. Ukraine has far more immediate possibility for repercussions and wider turmoil for Europe in particular. Anyone who follows the situation knew as soon as the plane was hit that the most likely explanation was Russian rebels based on recent events and then the immediate actions afterwards. Many from credible sources.

It's very unlikely Putin wanted it to happen and it was a **** up. As for the old 'USA/CIA did this' etc well the US has been very reticent at getting deeply involved in this conflict. Obama doesn't want it, the US public doesn't want it. Even after this event there's been no rush for more sanctions, arming Ukraine or massive loans as would have happened under previous administrations and in prior decades. People who don't follow international politics closely jump on the old line that the US is behind it, wants war etc but hasn't been following closely world events in recent years.

Frederico - On that day alone 54 aircraft passed over eastern Ukraine. Very few thought missiles capable of going 30k feet or higher would be used. There's planes right now flying over North Africa / West Africa / Middle East/ Asia - all above warzones but the thinking is the risk is minimal.

Edited by sf-02