House Price Crash Forum

Foxtons Share Price And The Housing Market - Merged

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breaching IPO will not be the tell of where the price is heading. Breaching and what it does on retest of the 230 will be.

Staying below suggests 120 target given the Head and Shoulders of the past year. Head - 400, Shs - 300 and support 260.

400-120 now wouldn't that be something for BBC Business to ignore?

Stupid question but why are their shares falling if house prices (particularly in London) are so expensive? I thought they were raking it in?

That is the question we have been pondering.

Stupid question but why are their shares falling if house prices (particularly in London) are so expensive? I thought they were raking it in?

Turnover is more important than price. And there has been a slowdown in turnover.

Falling Foxtons price may also be mirroring falling London asking prices and anticipating falling London actual selling prices.

Massive build up of stock in Foxtons sales area - nothing is shifting as foreign buyers have vaporised and the locals are priced out.

Turnover is more important than price. And there has been a slowdown in turnover.

In that case, they could be a brilliant 'bottom feeder' buy when the eventual collapse starts to tail off - confidence and volume will return when price discovery is complete?

If they can weather the storm of course...

I'll have a punt if they get down to the sort of level house builder shares hit in 2008/9.

Edited by disenfranchised

Falling Foxtons price may also be mirroring falling London asking prices and anticipating falling London actual selling prices.

Could be but I wouldn't put my money on it as there could be a dozen non-market reasons why FOXT is tanking

and those in the media who speculate that the London market is tanking bcos FOXT share prices tanking are only selling papers/site clicks etc. They may be right but they could easily be wrong.

• Guest featured this topic