House Price Crash Forum

Foxtons Share Price And The Housing Market - Merged

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a drop this morning - presumably on the back of Cameron's warning???

Surely they will announce some stimulus for the housing market in the Autumn statement - house prices is the only card they have to play?

Having said that, I think I heard someone say on Radio 4 this morning that Osborne has very little cash to play with - hence why they threw such a wobbly over the EU 1.7 bill.

Quite a drop this morning - presumably on the back of Cameron's warning???

Surely they will announce some stimulus for the housing market in the Autumn statement - house prices is the only card they have to play?

Having said that, I think I heard someone say on Radio 4 this morning that Osborne has very little cash to play with - hence why they threw such a wobbly over the EU 1.7 bill.

I think Cameron ( and foxtons ) know where the housing market will be in 3 months time ( down the pan ) and is telling everyone it's going to happen.

He will of course blame everyone but himself and his mate from school.

I noticed someone wsay last week that countrywide share price was not falling like foxtons.

( falling like foxtons, remeber the phrase it might come in useful ).

http://www.lse.co.uk/SharePrice.asp?shareprice=CWD

52 Week High 701.00 52 Week Low 419.90 52 Week Low Date 14-NOV-2014

Down 40% from peak....that's where house prices out side of London NEED to get to.

Short Foxtons, close out after the crash, then use the money to buy (or rent) the home you wanted to.

Anecdotal, but my local Foxtons has very little property available for sale and doesn't seem to be doing much. This has been the case for the last few months. They came into the local market with a bit of a bang and shook things up with their "free" sales offer, but now they seem very quiet and phone me weekly.

Anecdotely I hear the market (Kent) is very slow and agents are struggling to hold chains together. I suspect this is in the main seasonal. I have not checked Rightmove for properties returning.

I also heard that lower down the chain buyers are struggling to get the mortgages at the bank and many are stalling. Interesting times.

Edited by Ash4781

Anecdotely I hear the market (Kent) is very slow and agents are struggling to hold chains together. I suspect this is in the main seasonal. I have not checked Rightmove for properties returning.

I also heard that lower down the chain buyers are struggling to get the mortgages at the bank and many are stalling. Interesting times.

I heard a similar anecdote today, 4 people on someone streety tried to sell for insane prices...sales have rumbled on and prices had to fall before sales could proceed,

Reality starting to filter through.

2 blokes at work agreed prices were mental and needed to halve.

• Guest featured this topic