House Price Crash Forum

Foxtons Share Price And The Housing Market - Merged

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U.K. Housebuilder Miller Homes Cancels IPO Citing Volatility

Miller Homes Plc, the U.K. homebuilder part-owned by Blackstone Group LP’s GSO Capital Partners, canceled a plan to raise 140 million pounds ($226 million) in an initial public offering less than two weeks after announcing it.

“In light of the recent financial markets volatility, the shareholders of Miller Group have elected not to proceed at this time with a public offering of Miller Homes,” the Edinburgh-based company said in an e-mailed statement today.

Shareholders, which also include Royal Bank of Scotland Plc, planned to sell part of their stakes in the IPO, the company said on Sept. 23. Other investors include a unit of Lloyds Banking Group Plc (LLOY) and Noble Gossart Investments Ltd.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2014-10-03/u-dot-k-dot-housebuilder-miller-homes-cancels-ipo-citing-volatility

Any particular reason anyone can think of for these buy backs ?

1. Plump stock option gains for senior management.

2. Quick rewards for 'activist' troublemakers, keeps them quiet.

3. Inside trades that help existing stockholders flip out of their positions.

Lots of negative news about London house prices today in the media.

The share took another tumble yesterday and has shot down 2% already this morning. I think we will see a new low today.

EDIT:

Oh, I think we just did:

10-Oct-14 08:03:05 211.2159 2,000 Sell*

52 Week Low

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Wow thats low. I am sure the MSE twats will spin it to look positive!

Low ?

For an estate agency chain ?

In a housing market supported by low interest rates, government hand outs and propaganda ?

Estate agents ( all agents not just foxtons) who make nothing, create nothing and live off the backs of borrowers/workers.

t's HIGH me thinks.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Low ?

For an estate agency chain ?

In a housing market supported by low interest rates, government hand outs and propaganda ?

Estate agents ( all agents not just foxtons) who make nothing, create nothing and live off the backs of borrowers/workers.

t's HIGH me thinks.

Ditto - more expensive than Morrisons who, for all their failings, have regular cashflow, sell a product that people need, own loads of farms, real estate.

I am truly staggered that an EA firm which, presumably, leases most if not all its offices and vehicles is anywhere near this price.

The share took another tumble yesterday and has shot down 2% already this morning. I think we will see a new low today.

EDIT:

Oh, I think we just did:

10-Oct-14 08:03:05 211.2159 2,000 Sell*

52 Week Low

Rightmove now panicking and have just released a press release using "the most comprehensive house price forecast of its kind ever created" predicting 30% rises over 5 years without the funding to back it up..

You know the games up (again) when they start reproducing these silly forcasts.

I've never know a company or share that needs another Olympics, massive intervention by the treasury and the fermenting of wars across large parts of the world to push money into a safe haven of dirty money.

Good luck in repeating the above, this dog is going down.

What is the problem?

No exact match CCJs are recorded against the company. The company's credit rating has increased from 67 to 94 which indicates very good creditworthiness. The credit limit on this company has risen 69.2% in comparison to the previously suggested credit limit. Sales in the latest trading period increased 19.9% on the previous trading period. The company has undergone recent changes in its directorships.
Net Worth increased by 175.2% during the latest trading period. A 18.5% growth in Total Assets occurred during the latest trading period. Pre-tax profits increased by 54.6% compared to the previous trading period. The company saw an increase in their Cash Balance of 147% during the latest trading period. The audit report contains no adverse comments. The company is part of a group. The company was established over 31 years ago.

What is the problem?

No exact match CCJs are recorded against the company. The company's credit rating has increased from 67 to 94 which indicates very good creditworthiness. The credit limit on this company has risen 69.2% in comparison to the previously suggested credit limit. Sales in the latest trading period increased 19.9% on the previous trading period. The company has undergone recent changes in its directorships.
Net Worth increased by 175.2% during the latest trading period. A 18.5% growth in Total Assets occurred during the latest trading period. Pre-tax profits increased by 54.6% compared to the previous trading period. The company saw an increase in their Cash Balance of 147% during the latest trading period. The audit report contains no adverse comments. The company is part of a group. The company was established over 31 years ago.

House prices

• Guest featured this topic