House Price Crash Forum

Foxtons Share Price And The Housing Market - Merged

HOLA441

In terms of brands, I don't think EAs rely on brands. I cant remember the name of the EA I used to sell a property 2 years ago, nor the ones I've viewed through in last 3 months.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
5 minutes ago, Grab_Some_Popcorn said:

In terms of brands, I don't think EAs rely on brands. I cant remember the name of the EA I used to sell a property 2 years ago, nor the ones I've viewed through in last 3 months.

But even so you've heard of Foxtons and know what their business is....Brand awareness is high for them, especially in London

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
On 26/09/2017 at 10:48 AM, Confusion of VIs said:

I am not sure Purple Bricks will do well out of the downturn. If you cannot sell your house a commission based deal is better than paying up front. I suspect we will soon be hearing sob stories about how Purple Bricks took hundreds of pounds off me and didn't sell my house. 

If you look at last sold price knock off the extra agents fees off your price and list with PB = logical 

think you can do better and put 10/20% what the agent told you to list for on PB = Illogical

Round here its mostly the second option tbh how dare you tell me my dead nans house is not worth 500k+

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

found an interesting site that has details on the daily trades.

https://www.share.com/find-investments/advanced-finder/company-overview/foxtons/trades/20913/?pass=1&chart_type=volume

Whoever spent 54k on the shares earlier today at 69p hoping for a quick flip must be questioning his life choices by now..

Edited by Lambie

HOLA4412

A nice chart from Initial public offer to today

38 minutes ago, Lambie said:

https://www.share.com/find-investments/advanced-finder/company-overview/foxtons/trades/20913/?pass=1&chart_type=volume

Whoever spent 54k on the shares earlier today at 69p hoping for a quick flip must be questioning his life choices by now..

A nice chart from Initial public offer to today. It's the past performance but I 'm not really seeing anything in the environment that screams buy. I don't even think the staff can manage to get the finance in place to take the thing private.

http://www.foxtonsgroup.co.uk/investors/

HOLA4413
4 hours ago, Grab_Some_Popcorn said:

I bet you knew a couple to avoid when it came to selling your place. In Croydon it's Foxtons wannabee Streets Ahead and of course Foxtons itself.

HOLA4414
1 hour ago, Lambie said:

Musta been an EA with his finger on the pulse ?

HOLA4415
1 hour ago, Lambie said:

They'd have had more luck using it flipping a couple of terraced houses in 'pool. :lol:

HOLA4416
2 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

I bet you knew a couple to avoid when it came to selling your place. In Croydon it's Foxtons wannabee Streets Ahead and of course Foxtons itself.

Actually I asked 3 for valuation, but went for one that sounded most human in their emails. This was in a quiet Dorset town though, very different to foxtons world

HOLA4417

http://preview.*******.com/ybpgswjc

“Trading remains challenging for Foxtons due to the low levels of housing activity in the capital.

“In our view, this is being exacerbated by the group’s relatively high commission fees, which are increasingly detached from average rates charged by its competitors.

“Self help could come in the form of a reduction in fees but, as yet, management seems reluctant to take such action. The lettings fee ban looks set to come into force in 2018, which will create a further drag on profitability.”

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Latest on Foxtons (and Countrywide) from a stock market analyst

Jago maintains a sell recommendation for Foxtons, predicting a £3m hit on lettings per year. He also warns its high commission fees are impacting the firm’s activity and may need to be reduced.

He said: “Trading remains challenging for Foxtons due to the low levels of housing activity in the capital.

“In our view, this is being exacerbated by the group’s relatively high commission fees, which are increasingly detached from average rates charged by its competitors.

“Self help could come in the form of a reduction in fees but, as yet, management seems reluctant to take such action. The lettings fee ban looks set to come into force in 2018, which will create a further drag on profitability.”

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
1 hour ago, rantnrave said:

Sell of what parts? To whom?

The artcle assumes theres some value there. Its just a colleciton of offices. Plently of empty commercial real estate out there.

HOLA4425