House Price Crash Forum

Foxtons Share Price And The Housing Market - Merged

HOLA441
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

BC Partners has dumped 7% (half its remaining stake) at 232p this morning.

I see that BC Partners are behind the Phones4U collapse. I wonder if today's drop is because of their involvement in Foxtons?

BC Partners, a private equity firm, bought Phones 4u for £600 million in 2011. Last year, BC made a neat 30% (paywall) of that back after taking dividends from a debt issue. Phones 4u was hardly on the verge of collapse then—it had some £1 billion in annual revenue, and nearly £100 million in cash at the end of July—but the £430 million in debt, at 9.5%, maturing in 2018, made it hard for the company to stretch itself too thin. Vodafone’s statement artfully suggests, without saying it out loud, that BC Partners’ management decisions were ultimately responsible for the collapse of the company. BC Partners did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

http://qz.com/265840/was-it-mobile-operators-or-private-equity-that-destroyed-5600-jobs/

Edited by Eddie_George

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Well, if the Scots vote yes and the FTSE tanks... and this goes down to a quid or something like that... then give it a week and Osborne will come out with million pound mortgages for everyone... and it will shoot up a 100% overnight... or something like that............... or maybe not...

If Scotland vote yes, we will have a tory government in 12 months time and Osborne and Cameron can do what they like.

That's why I'#ll be moving to the free state of Scotland.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

So since the 28 feb 14 the price has nearly halved. I dont know much about shares and stuff but has the value of the company halved?

The Market Capitalisation Will have halved I believe.

As some Boomer said to me when I showed my amazement that they have floated ( they are a floater for sure ) and what their valuation was...the share price is a reflection of the potential for future earnings.

He then proceeded to tell me what a great investment london property is, how it is different in London and prices only ever go up.

So, as the man said "the share price is a reflection of the potential for future earnings.".....and if the smug bast*rd boomer is to believed then since April that valuation has almost halved....hence the logical conclusion is the market expects their income streams are going to be hit ( halved ? )....the only conclusion I can get from this is they market expects either foxtons to cut their fee structure by 50% (?) or for house prices to collapse in London.

I know what scenario I suspect is most likely.

Q.E.D.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4411

The Market Capitalisation Will have halved I believe.

As some Boomer said to me when I showed my amazement that they have floated ( they are a floater for sure ) and what their valuation was...the share price is a reflection of the potential for future earnings.

He then proceeded to tell me what a great investment london property is, how it is different in London and prices only ever go up.

So, as the man said "the share price is a reflection of the potential for future earnings.".....since April that valuation has almost halved....hence the lofical conclusion is the market expects their income streams are going to be hit....the only conclusion I can get from this is they market expects either foxtons to cut their feels 50% or for house prices to collapse in London.

Q.E.D.

Is it that simple. Weren't they just a pump and dump momentum stock for the city boys?

HOLA4412

Is it that simple. Weren't they just a pump and dump momentum stock for the city boys?

I think the people who bought foxotns in 2007 should have lost out big time but somehow they've managed to float the company and get away with a huge profit. I would have expected foxtons to be out of business by now based on what happened in 2007. Instead they have ( till now ) been doing rather well.

Maybe this share price is more a reflection of the IPO price but it gives me hope that the crazy prices we have seen really are collapsing.

For me foxtons is a symbol of what is wrong with London and the UK. If the share price ever goes to 0 I will have jelly and ice cream for tea.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Are you suggesting that the possibility of a yes vote is what is causing this share price to drop ?

Have all share prices drop nearly 50% since April ?

No, I am pointing out that a no vote will probably result in the City boys thinking everything is back to normal - London bubble back on. Inflows of foreign money to buy houses, etc, etc and the SP then rises considerably.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

SSE?

Scottish and Southern Energy.

If you want to play the market over devolution look for companies that are being devalued in case of a Yes (if you believe it will be a No)

As always when talking stocks and shares - This is not advice & Do Your Own Research!

HOLA4425

Average London prices now £514k, prices up 19.1% YoY.

You'd think that would help the share price. Have investors realised that prices are silly?

Carnage must be praying for a yes vote. If not then what excuse does he use next month for keeping his head up his ass?