House Price Crash Forum

Bbc Today: House Price Inflation Picks Up (!)

Buddleia

HOLA441
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

The bottom ppears to have been reached (apparently) & we should see modest gains now (That's just my view)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, here's mine.

Ladies amd Gentlemen, we are currently gliding at an altitude of 38,000 ft and have only 99 lbs of fuel left, this is a good thing as we have fiddled with our altimeter and redefined ground level to be our current elevation, it is now safe to disembark.

HOLA447

Ladies amd Gentlemen, we are currently gliding at an altitude of 38,000 ft and have only 99 lbs of fuel left, this is a good thing as we have fiddled with our altimeter and redefined ground level to be our current elevation, it is now safe to disembark.

:lol: brilliant

HOLA448

The bottom ppears to have been reached (apparently) & we should see modest gains now (That's just my view)

Interest only seems to underpin affordability in the new era. £15.00 per day for a mortgage of £109250 fixed 5 years @4.99% (95% of £115000) seems good value for a 1 bed flat. I must see 20 BMW X5s @ £50000 a pop every day ffs.

£15.00 per day = £1.66 per working hour based upon a 9 hour paid working day.

I/O might prove a long - term problem tho.

Edited by dogbox

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Guest The_Oldie

There doesn't appear to be any loss of momentum in the housing market , "up 4% for the same month last year" , and "average house price £170k". I am so fed up of renting of landlord and agency penny pinching scum!

I can't believe house prices are still going up and up and up!

Hang in there, remember what you said a few months ago at a time that the figures were showing prices declining ;).

as soon as house prices go down 10%, there will be an influx of buyers, further fueling a mini recovery, and i suspect this will be the recurring pattern for house prices for the next 5 years. In short, our house price crash will not happen in a drastic collapse, it'll go down a bit, go up a lot, go down a bit, go up a little bit more, a staggered decline is more likely

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Guest The_Oldie

If prices were still going up then vendors would not need to reduce their asking prices months after going on to the market.

The market price would simply catch up with asking prices.

Exactly, at least that's the case in my area (South East), but the monthly figures from the VIs paint a different picture. I wonder why :D.

HOLA4415

There doesn't appear to be any loss of momentum in the housing market , "up 4% for the same month last year" , and "average house price £170k". I am so fed up of renting of landlord and agency penny pinching scum!

I can't believe house prices are still going up and up and up!

Ahem...

They are not going up.

the average property that sells in a more difficult market is a bigger property then sells in a climbing market..

If you don't agree that means that you are claiming that.

Buckingham Palace is worth the same as an ex council flat.

That a drop in FTB's does not mean a drop in the cost of homes being bought.

the above sounds stupid, but so does the claim that prices are not falling.

The ones I see are..

wake up.. if someone is pis*ing up your back, do not trust them when they tell you it is raining..

Look round and check for yourself..

Its better to be wet and to have made sure, then to be wet, smelling of wee and have no idea about what is going on around you.

Duh

HOLA4416

If prices were still going up then vendors would not need to reduce their asking prices months after going on to the market.

The market price would simply catch up with asking prices.

It's fairly simple:

Vendor is told at beginning of year that HPI is 20%.

He + EA look up last sold price & add on 20% - thus asking price = 120%.

HPI does not equal 20% - so vendor reduces house price by 10% (10% x 120% = 12%)

This means house now has asking price of 108% of last sold price.

He accepts say 5% under new price - so his sold price is 102.6% of last sold - which shows a 2.6% increase.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

WTF!?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4489804.stm

hmm... good enough for me then!

Mortgage lenders, flock to me. Here is my head upon a platter...

Some character on bloomberg telly said a similar thing shortly after 8am this morning, based on HBOS figures. I can't remember the detail, something like 4.5% up month on month - 2.5% YOY but please don't quote me, but the conclusion was that house prices were definitely heading upwards again. His manner of delivery suggested that this is good news.

Ah well, a little more helium into the balloon.

:angry:

HOLA4420

It's fairly simple:

Vendor is told at beginning of year that HPI is 20%.

He + EA look up last sold price & add on 20% - thus asking price = 120%.

HPI does not equal 20% - so vendor reduces house price by 10% (10% x 120% = 12%)

This means house now has asking price of 108% of last sold price.

He accepts say 5% under new price - so his sold price is 102.6% of last sold - which shows a 2.6% increase.

Okay, can I ask a question.

If a £130,000 flat rents for £350-$400 a month

If a £380,000 town house rents for £1000 a month.

Can this return a profit?

Also, why won't house prices come down.

You are aware that if the market remains at this level that over a very short amount of time the debt burden will suck enough money from the economy to starve it into a recession.

we have added 10% to the debt burden in a year.

So why won't it drop this time...?

Intrigued..

It always has done and there is no reason prices are so high.. apart from people think they should be.

HOLA4421
Guest The_Oldie

Now this is strange, the piggies aren't all excited today, look at the halifax thread at 8:38AM..........................................nothing.......................................................

http://www.singingpig.co.uk/discussion/forum/?f=41

now why is that??

Because PG has been busy here this morning. No doubt he'll turn up there in due course to give it a ramp.

"Sweet..............bla bla bla bla..........."

HOLA4422

Now this is strange, the piggies aren't all excited today, look at the halifax thread at 8:38AM..........................................nothing.......................................................

http://www.singingpig.co.uk/discussion/forum/?f=41

now why is that??

They've all had to disconnect their broadband to pay for their I/O mortgage as the rent isn't covering it.... :lol::ph34r:

HOLA4423

Classic :P

HOLA4424

Okay, can I ask a question.

If a £130,000 flat rents for £350-$400 a month

If a £380,000 town house rents for £1000 a month.

Can this return a profit?

Also, why won't house prices come down.

You are aware that if the market remains at this level that over a very short amount of time the debt burden will suck enough money from the economy to starve it into a recession.

we have added 10% to the debt burden in a year.

So why won't it drop this time...?

Intrigued..

It always has done and there is no reason prices are so high.. apart from people think they should be.

Absolutely not.

However. a 250 k place which rents for 1500pcm can, and does, return a profit.

AND - noone is saying prices will "rocket" what the bulls say is you will see slow & steady growth over time.

1% on a 250k place is 2,500 per year which is very nice on top of the rental profit.

5% would be 12,500 - even nicer.

HOLA4425

Because PG has been busy here this morning. No doubt he'll turn up there in due course to give it a ramp.

"Sweet..............bla bla bla bla..........."

I must definately been getting old, I haven't seen him, is he under a new alias [2005??]

Edited by consa