House Price Crash Forum

Hacking Online Polls And Other Ways Gchq Controls And Manipulates The Internet

The Eagle

HOLA441

The secretive British spy agency GCHQ has developed covert tools to seed the internet with false information, including the ability to manipulate the results of online polls, artificially inflate pageview counts on web sites, “amplif[y]” sanctioned messages on YouTube, and censor video content judged to be “extremist.” The capabilities, detailed in documents provided by NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden, even include an old standby for pre-adolescent prank callers everywhere: A way to connect two unsuspecting phone users together in a call.

The tools were created by GCHQ’s Joint Threat Research Intelligence Group (JTRIG), and constitute some of the most startling methods of propaganda and internet deception contained within the Snowden archive. Previously disclosed documents have detailed JTRIG’s use of “fake victim blog posts,” “false flag operations,” “honey traps” and psychological manipulation to target online activists, monitor visitors to WikiLeaks, and spy on YouTube and Facebook users.

But as the U.K. Parliament today debates a fast-tracked bill to provide the government with greater surveillance powers, one which Prime Minister David Cameron has justified as an “emergency” to “help keep us safe,” a newly released top-secret GCHQ document called “JTRIG Tools and Techniques” provides a comprehensive, birds-eye view of just how underhanded and invasive this unit’s operations are. The document—available in full here—is designed to notify other GCHQ units of JTRIG’s “weaponised capability” when it comes to the dark internet arts, and serves as a sort of hacker’s buffet for wreaking online havoc.

[...]

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/07/14/manipulating-online-polls-ways-british-spies-seek-control-internet/

Clearly they only do all this to protect us from evil terrorists... :rolleyes:

(lets see if this thread attracts GCHQ shills...)

HOLA442

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/07/14/manipulating-online-polls-ways-british-spies-seek-control-internet/

Don't know why you are worried, we've got Nick Clegg to make sure that these guys don't overstep the mark.

HOLA443
HOLA444

Remember: You may be paranoid, but that doesn't imply they're not watching everything little thing you do!

(naive to assume otherwise, in my opinion. Data storage is mad cheap these days, and you never know when you might want it!)

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

The secretive British spy agency GCHQ has developed covert tools to seed the internet with false information, including the ability to manipulate the results of online polls, artificially inflate pageview counts on web sites, “amplif[y]” sanctioned messages on YouTube, and censor video content judged to be “extremist.”

Operation "F5"?

HOLA4410

aahh.

it's not the votes that count, it's who counts the votes.

heard this one before haven't we.

now who educated these people before?

there's your culprit.

strike them HARD, because they obviously didn't get the message last time.

I would suggest destroying all their schools,universities and libraries,we need to stop them being taught to be so arrogant.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Have GCHQ been inflating my posts here? Some of them are so stupid, I can't think I would say them! :wacko:

HOLA4414

WAR, I think you misunderstand.

WAR! "The Low-Rider drives a little slower!"

Recently purchased the "Why can't we be friends" album, with the gold tooth on the cover!

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived