House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crashmonitor

The Secret To Longevity: Short, Fat And Bald

Now for years they have been saying that fatness and baldness are indicative of heart attacks....but now they have flipped it on its head.

So basically I score half out of three, so its not looking good......six feet tall, an ironing board stomach but picking up a half a point for a thinning crown.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/great-news-youre-short-fat-3533280

Now for years they have been saying that fatness and baldness are indicative of heart attacks....but now they have flipped it in its head.

So basically I score half out of three, so its not looking good......six feet tall, an ironing board stomach but picking up a half a point for a thinning crown.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/great-news-youre-short-fat-3533280

i suggest you get your affairs iin order.

I think that the slightly overweight living longer is an interesting one, and I wouldn't like to disagree with it. The three oldest people I know (in their nineties) are and have always been slightly overweight women and remember the Queen mum. Yep short and fat obviously works for women too.

I guess we don't live in laboratories like rats that get life extensions being starved. Out in the real world a bit of fat probably helps the immune system fight through. However, I'll stick to being slim nevertheless.

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2013/01January/Pages/Overweight-people-live-longer-study-claims.aspx

Edit. very good 1929 :D

This rather fits a friend of mine's theory of ageing. He basically says by the time you hit your late 40s/50s, your body decides to concentrate on essential services and starts being a bit slack about non-essential functions (hence almost everyone over 50 needing glasses, hair loss etc).

Given the choice between baldness, and an extra few years I know what I'd choose. Still I probably won't have much of a choice every bloke in family was completely bald by the time they were 80.

Can also testify to increased health through reduced social contact. I was always catching stuff when I lived in the city, now near perfect health in the country. The last cold I got was the result of several days of travelling in and around cities.

Given that short, fat, bald men are generally less sexually attractive, they must have something else going for them or their genes would have vanished long ago.

Given that short, fat, bald men are generally less sexually attractive, they must have something else going for them or their genes would have vanished long ago.

that would be lack of nagging by spouses.

that would be lack of nagging by spouses.

I'm glad you posted Oracle. Doesn't the Bible have a passage where a short fat, bald man was poked fun at by kids, who were then divinely punished by being eaten by wild animals?

Simple. They have to live long enough to find someone to procreate with. :)

I can partially agree with this article, since many medical professional keep on linking terrible, essentially untreatable ailments like pancreatic cancer to being overweight, when there is seemingly virtually no correllation and nearly every famous person I known who died from pancreatic cancer have been thin.

Having thin hair or no hair affecting health may have some bearing, when you look at how surprisingly spritely William Shatner and Patrick Stewart are well through their 70s and 80s.

I'm glad you posted Oracle. Doesn't the Bible have a passage where a short fat, bald man was poked fun at by kids, who were then divinely punished by being eaten by wild animals?

Where is Oracle's response to my question? :unsure:

Case study #1.

The tall slim bloke with the hair on the right is 83 and still alive.

The short fat baldy midget on the left died aged 70 in 2003...

XYY

A factor which I suspect may not be revealed by the overall stats, is that a lot of old people's health is seriously impacted by falls and breakages. Even though they get patched up, mobility is usually seriously reduced and leads to generally declining health and eventually death (attributed in the stats to some other cause). Having a low centre of gravity and a little bit of padding may be of help. Just a thought.

Case study #1.

The tall slim bloke with the hair on the right is 83 and still alive.

The short fat baldy midget on the left died aged 70 in 2003...

XYY

It's nothing to do with height or follicle status - it's the inherently superior genetics of the Welsh race.

I'm over 6' and still have all my hair. I always thought that I could do with losing a bit of weight but now it sounds like the last thing I should do, phew. Genetically I should be in with a good chance anyway, only one grandparent who didn't make it into their 90s and that was self-inflicted (emphasema (sp?), almost certainly due to smoking heavily all her life and still made it over 80).

I saw Windsor Davies in a pub in Wallington a couple of times! I didn't attempt to talk to him! He was just out for a pint!

I saw Windsor Davies in a pub in Wallington a couple of times! I didn't attempt to talk to him! He was just out for a pint!

I saw Don Estelle singing on a stage in Hartlepool's world-famous Middleton Grange Shopping Centre a few years ago. He succeeded in attempting to speak to me, asking me if I'd like the opportunity to buy one of his CDs for £9.99. He was just pint-sized...

XYY

It's nothing to do with height or follicle status - it's the inherently superior genetics of the Welsh race.

Aye, you're right there boyo - all that sheep DNA sure breeds hardy mountain-dwellers...!

;)

XYY

I saw Don Estelle singing on a stage in Hartlepool's world-famous Middleton Grange Shopping Centre a few years ago. He succeeded in attempting to speak to me, asking me if I'd like the opportunity to buy one of his CDs for £9.99. He was just pint-sized...

XYY

Aye! He used to do Corby Shopping Mall, every year too! Me dad lives there! :huh: World famous? :wacko:

World famous? :wacko:

I was trying my hand at irony Pinny man - juxtaposing the fact that, in reality, it's a total shit-hole, and no-one, anywhere on the planet, has actually ever heard of it.

I mean it's even unknown in nearby cess-pools such as Middlesbrough...!

XYY

I was trying my hand at irony Pinny man - juxtaposing the fact that, in reality, it's a total shit-hole, and no-one, anywhere on the planet, has actually ever heard of it.

I mean it's even unknown in nearby cess-pools such as Middlesbrough...!

XYY

A mate of mine used to run a confectioners up in Whitby! He made "chocolate coffins" for the Goth festival!