House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

2 Years: 3 Schemes: Prices Up 20%

2 years of FLS/HTB1/HTB2/Foreign investors and mass media propaganda and the government have somehow managed to push up house prices 20% in London.

This will have no doubt benefited many people with homes in London, like bankers and politicians.

Prices are now as unaffordable as they were when the banking system collapsed and prices tumbled.

Help To Buy has stopped many banking now.

Funding for Lending looks now to be turned out to be funding for BTLers.

Chinese people buying British homes, WHY ?

What now ?

More Government schemes to put prices up another 10%. ?

More money printing ?

Stagnation ?

Sales volumes are still low and look to be falling again and the MMR impact is still unknown so I cant see their ability to force up prices any more.

When prices start to collapse this time there is nothing they can really do.

I really am ashamed to have voted for these people.

I really am ashamed to have voted for these people.

Me too. Stupidly, naively, I expected the Conservatives to allow free market forces to return to the housing marlet whereas they have actually even managed to introduce more layers of government interference.

Me too. Stupidly, naively, I expected the Conservatives to allow free market forces to return to the housing marlet whereas they have actually even managed to introduce more layers of government interference.

The conservatives care about one thing and one thing only- the 0.1% (aka aristocracy landowners, bankers and themselves [who are often a member of the aforementioned groups]).

What I would do for a real party for the working class (where working class includes the faux middle class, but really working class, Tory voters).

The conservatives care about one thing and one thing only- the 0.1% (aka aristocracy landowners, bankers and themselves [who are often a member of the aforementioned groups]).

What I would do for a real party for the working class (where working class includes the faux middle class, but really working class, Tory voters).

I think the time is coming when we aill see the rise of a peoples party....probably shortly after the banks collapse for the 2nd time.

I am very glad I never voted for this particular shower of shit. I have in the past and will never in my lifetime vote for them again,.

They kept remarkably quiet about labour's debt binge apart from a few bleatings and had remarkably similar familiarity with the lobby groups as labour did. Hence I believed in the end that they were not to be trusted nor voted for.

Six years after a house price bubble devastated the UK economy we are now being warned about another house price bubble with the potential to devastate the UK economy... :rolleyes:

Six years after a house price bubble devastated the UK economy we are now being warned about another house price bubble with the potential to devastate the UK economy... :rolleyes:

Or the same one that had a brief pause! This governments insight is incredible! :lol:

Probably the worst government I can remember this.

And pretty much all of them (probably save Major in the early 90s) has been self serving and terrible.

Or the same one that had a brief pause! This governments insight is incredible! :lol:

It is really, of course. But for Osborne's Venezuelan fiscal policy prices would have continued to correct.

quite how the government has the gall to bleat on about free markets in energy etc.

whilst presiding over multiple attempts to manipulate the biggest market in the country - housing / property

I can't compute it

quite how the government has the gall to bleat on about free markets in energy etc.

whilst presiding over multiple attempts to manipulate the biggest market in the country - housing / property

I can't compute it

One can understand why these shysters would try it on, to cast themselves in the Thatcherite mould. A more difficult question to answer is why the media continue to let them get away with it when the Coalition's economic policy is somewhat to the left of Hugo Chavez? Transcripts of George Osborne's speeches should be stamped 'Made in Caracas'.