House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

Shoot Me Now

This is kind of a budget question... I'm getting married hoping next year and I won't a family after but my other does coz I feels its wrong bring a kid in this world while I'm in dept but I'm on dept releas order atm but I do work I have a daughter from my last rship can anyone hope me without judgeing me how do u manage with being a mum and on dept xx

Will remove links cos it's unkind.

L**************

This is kind of a budget question... I'm getting married hoping next year and I won't a family after but my other does coz I feels its wrong bring a kid in this world while I'm in dept but I'm on dept releas order atm but I do work I have a daughter from my last rship can anyone hope me without judgeing me how do u manage with being a mum and on dept xx

Oh dear.

She's a breeder too.

Which dept is she in again?

Naw, it isn't you that needs shooting...

The woman is obviously barely literate. As far as I can make out, though, she's expressing her doubts about having another child (which her future husband wants) while in debt, and is asking for advice. Surely that demonstrates a responsible attitude?

The woman is obviously barely literate. As far as I can make out, though, she's expressing her doubts about having another child (which her future husband wants) while in debt, and is asking for advice. Surely that demonstrates a responsible attitude?

For once I agree with you.

Oh DEBT, I read that as a slang term for dependency on drugs.

Well yes, good that she's thinking about I suppose.

+1

Hope somebody gives her the advice she's looking for.

Oh DEBT, I read that as a slang term for dependency on drugs.

Well yes, good that she's thinking about I suppose.

You've obviously not spent as much time decoding profiles on dating sites as I have. :(

You've obviously not spent as much time decoding profiles on dating sites as I have. :(

or reading job application letters

Is that in code?

My advice to her is to take remedial English classes as a matter of absolute urgency.

Quite, don't understand what she is saying.

Quite, don't understand what she is saying.

I was really thrown by:

I won't a family after but my other does

Which I'm now reading as her fiance wants her to have a baby after they get married but she doesn't want to (because she's in debt).

The original is one for Sherlock Holmes or snowflux with his experience gained from perusing plentoffish.

Yes!

Assume the original question was posed on mumsnet?

Has anyone piped in yet that a new sprog comes with lots of shiny new tax credits........

I'm gonna be the ******* here and criticise her grammar, cause I'm a bit of a grammar Nazi.

I see quite a few online dating profiles at this level of literacy, and it shocks me because I honestly don't believe most people are as 'thick' as that .... I assume the education system has utterly failed them?

I'm gonna be the ******* here and criticise her grammar, cause I'm a bit of a grammar Nazi.

I see quite a few online dating profiles at this level of literacy, and it shocks me because I honestly don't believe most people are as 'thick' as that .... I assume the education system has utterly failed them?

I make mistakes all the time, but the issue is not reading something back and checking it makes sense.

There will always be things which slip through, but write something and read it back at least once.

I would imagine your idea that people are not that thick is self selecting, I'm sure you don't hang around in the sort of places that the genuinely thick (using that word because you did) people do. On the odd occasion when you break your normal social groups it is rather alarming and a bit of an eye opener.

Why would anyone take the p1ss out of people with dyslexia or education/literacy issues?

They've as much right to have children/enjoy their life as anybody else.

Nasty nasty thread.

I have to agree with RK - we don't know about the background of the original writer. She may have health issues or may simply have had a poor education. Who knows. It seems that her concerns are very real to her and that shows emotional intelligence which, IMPO, is worth more than any academic based intellect.

We used to have a chap on here who posted what appeared to be badly written posts - some people joked about his spelling. He was in his 80s, half blind and it was amazing that he was managing to even post at all. But what he had to say was important.

Some of us take intellect for granted. Truth is, we were often just incredibly lucky compared to billions of others.

True enough and some well stated posts.

The grammar and spelling is not good but we shouldn't criticise without knowing the full background.

Being dyslexic does not mark you as being 'thick'.

I have to agree with RK - we don't know about the background of the original writer. She may have health issues or may simply have had a poor education. Who knows. It seems that her concerns are very real to her and that shows emotional intelligence which, IMPO, is worth more than any academic based intellect.

We used to have a chap on here who posted what appeared to be badly written posts - some people joked about his spelling. He was in his 80s, half blind and it was amazing that he was managing to even post at all. But what he had to say was important.

Some of us take intellect for granted. Truth is, we were often just incredibly lucky compared to billions of others.

+1 Top post.

It's Steven Moffat isn't it? I recognise the style from his scripts for Doctor Who.