House Price Crash Forum

Inflation In Sharp Rise To 1.9% In June / Hpi 10.5%

HOLA441

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28308837

The rate of UK inflation rose sharply in June, pushed up by higher clothing and footwear, and food and non-alcoholic drinks prices, official figures show.

The Consumer Prices Index rose to 1.9%, up from 1.5% in May, according to the Office for National Statistics.

Women's clothing prices contributed heavily to the rise.

Air fares and furniture prices also pushed the inflation rate up, the ONS said.

The rate is now close to the Bank of England's 2% target.

It has remained below the target for seven consecutive months.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28296536

Annual house price inflation hit 10.5% in May, the highest rate for four years, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS).

That is up from 9.9% in the previous month.

Once again, the market was in large part driven by London, where house prices rose by a record 20.1% over the year.

But excluding London and the South East, prices rose by a much more modest 6.4% across the UK.

Prices were up in every region, except for Northern Ireland, where they fell by 0.7%.

Great news for the alter of exponential price rises. Everything is going up in price the economy is working.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Quite a surprising rise in prices given the strength of the pound.

If they're planning on doing a 2008, ramping the pound so they can devalue it again then there will be a very long queue for the food banks this time.

I'm moving what remains of my UK money out of GBP for two reasons - one, I don't want to support the Nationwide as it stopped being true to it's mutual roots, and two because I can't see any way out from here that does not involve a GBP collapse.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I suspect that you couldn't go far wrong transferring a large portion of your fiat into paper silver.

Or Isle of Man accounts. Never used them myself, but know of plenty that have from mainland UK.

HOLA4414

Furniture?

Funny that because iv just had a container land this week from China and the unit cost has worked out the lowest its been for 6 years.

The goods in China 17% cheaper.

Shipping the 40 High Cube container £1633 (Ningbo to Felixstowe) ,the last 20 foot one i had in March was £1530 so in affect i shipped 120% more for the same price.$-£ really helping

The transport over here is the same price.

VAT 17% lower due to the goods costing 17% less in China.

All in the goods are 18% cheaper than they were in 2008-9 and my costs over here slightly higher (4%) over that time.

That $/£ really is crucial.The goods,shipping, etc are priced in $,the VAT/Import duty etc goes up and down as well due to cost in China based on $/£.

It was nasty back in 09-10 but the sun is shining now.Im tempted pre buy some $ for next year as well.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Very surprising, might bring forward interest rate rises if this continues.

Normally inflation falls during the June sales. Last year 126.1 to 125.9, this year 128.0 to 128.3.......128.3/125.9 = 1.9%.

I really would like a simple table of the last 13 months for RPI and CPI on the ONS front page.......a bit like HPI bulletins from Haliwide to see what is happening. No chance with ONS who keep their tables buried and you have to work out how to get to them to cut to the chase.

Edited by crashmonitor

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Normally inflation falls during the June sales. Last year 126.1 to 125.9, this year 128.0 to 128.3.......128.3/125.9 = 1.9%.

I really would like a simple table of the last 13 months for RPI and CPI on the ONS front page.......a bit like HPI bulletins from Haliwide to see what is happening. No chance with ONS who keep their tables buried and you have to work out how to get to them to cut to the chase.

Try

http://www3.hants.gov.uk/finance/retailpricesindexandconsumerpriceindex.htm

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/site-information/using-the-website/time-series/index.html#2

Click on 'inflation'

Select CPI, CPIH or RPI series and simply click on the blue button for a chart or the CSV button for the data file.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Didn't people lose money in Isle of Man accounts in the 2008 crash because the banks there were not covered by the UK bank guarantee? Anyone remember?

I don't recall - but the isle of Man banks are regarded as vital by the Westminster government, so some help must have been forthcoming.