House Price Crash Forum

Being Pestered By Estate Agents

LTD

HOLA441

Come off it, most employers want blood for the basic salary they pay these days. Thousands have to work extra hours just to keep their jobs. Redundancies in a company means the remainder carry out the extra work without a penny extra. The only stress you suffer is waiting for an exchange of contracts so you can punch the air and shout Yeah, phew, I`ve got my commission. Don`t kid yourself you make the country great.

What makes you think ea's don't have to work extra hours then? I would really love some of you have to work with me for a couple of weeks and see some of the shit that we have to deal with. And when you talk about stress do you not think it is stressful having to go and tell a family that they have lost thousands of pounds because they have been messed around by a buyer? Or having to deal with idiots like you lot who think it is amusing to put in ridiclous offers because you feel that you have some sort of right to be able to buy the house you want at the price you want?

HOLA442
Guest Charlie The Tramp

What makes you think ea's don't have to work extra hours then? I would really love some of you have to work with me for a couple of weeks and see some of the shit that we have to deal with. And when you talk about stress do you not think it is stressful having to go and tell a family that they have lost thousands of pounds because they have been messed around by a buyer? Or having to deal with idiots like you lot who think it is amusing to put in ridiclous offers because you feel that you have some sort of right to be able to buy the house you want at the price you want?

I have never known an EA who visits a family to give them bad news, most of the bad news I was given was by telephone suggesting my price maybe a little high.

In 35 years in the HM I have always believed my property is worth what some idiot is prepared to pay for it.

If I don`t like the price I don`t sell. Being messed around by buyers alway has been a curse for time in memorial.

I will now be fair and compliment the EA who sold my property in Norfolk and would highly recommend them.

After 23 views and attending over 15 months, making a 30 mile round trip for each view, crossing the marshes on foot in all weathers, arranging tradesmen to carry out surveyor`s requirements all for the sum of £800. Sadly they are the few and not one member of their staff had gelled hair or a Mini.

HOLA443
Guest Bart of Darkness
I beg to differ- the reason why the country is going down the pan is because people have it too easy- if you are on a flat salary then you have little incentive to achieve more than what is merely acceptable.

Except perhaps a sense of pride in your work?

God that dates me!

No, you're right, what on earth was I thinking of?

All hail Mammon, god of EAs!

HOLA444
HOLA445

Don’t get me started!... you will also get Mr & Mrs what’s-it’s-face, wants to buy in you street

and are willing to offer full market price. blah... blah... blah. :D

We get the regular leaflet drop, addressed 'To the homeowner, we have 2 people with a genuine interest in purchasing in your road'. I wonder why they haven't purchased one of the 3 others that have for sale boards outside? and are up for sale with another agent. :unsure:

HOLA446
HOLA447