House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Cost Of Welsh Government Turbine: £48,000. Generates: £5 A Month.

In January the turbine broke down and soon after Quiet Revolution went into administration.

"The manufacturer of the micro turbine recently went into liquidation, and as the prospects of finding a company able to take on the maintenance and repair are limited, we are considering options for its removal,” said a Welsh Government spokesman.

No sh1t.

Although I think "renwable energy" is a "good thing", in general, I believe the whole "business" could be run by "hatstands"! :blink:

I'm thinking this is more of a sculpture, no?

That it is to make a statement, a proclamation of intent, rather than to maximise electricity generation.

They just needed to be more imaginative and to have named it as a sculpture. The Angel of Wales or something. At least it moves. Put a dress and funny hat on it .

Its got some nice sharp edges on it. Useful for skewering and mounting a half dozen politicians.

These were the type that a new Sainsbury's near me was going to install as it ramped up its green credentials for the (assured, wink, wink) Planning Application. In the end like a lot of talk they never materialised (though there were some at a supermarket in Totnes?).

This is a band wagon to be milked by the few, promoted by the 'we know best' and paid for by us. It's only public money.

and to think our pensions are entrusted with these people.

Never mind the pensions Saddy - it's that our sheep are entrusted with these people that scares the mint-sauce out of me like...!

XYY