Trampa501

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

I don't think provoking a 2 ton animal with horns is a good idea! Bulls are usually good natured!

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Never taunt the gods of irony.

Near me there was some sort of eco-w@nkery health food shop called something like 'Steve's Sustainable Food Store'. It's closed down now, Steve taunted the gods on irony and they punished him.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

If he was stabbing bulls, as in a bullfight, i would agree.

But he was just running away from one (albeit it in a very organised Mass Running Away from A Bull) so he was being symbolically very sensible.

Exactly, it's the element of risk that makes it exciting. This evidences that this risk is real.

Bullfighting is very different, that's animal cruelty IMO.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

If he was stabbing bulls, as in a bullfight, i would agree.

But he was just running away from one (albeit it in a very organised Mass Running Away from A Bull) so he was being symbolically very sensible.

He endorses bull running. Safe to assume he's comfortable with bull fighting too.

He can ****** off.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

The bull running through the streets is traditionally a precursor to the bull fight itself is it not?

(EDIT: wiki on bull running)

I was shocked when I first saw this at the start of the film Carmen. It is disgusting.....but somehow beautiful at the same time. I don't profess to understand that.

Don't watch if you are at all squeamish. Skip the first 40s

OK. Fair enough. I'm disgusted too.

Though I do like the idea of the bulls being able to gore people. Oh, and I like beef, especially with horseradish sauce.

Crossed off my bucket list. I shall run with kittens instead.

HOLA4420

Article says something about 'respect the other runners'. I have seen the Pamplona bull run twice. The 'other runners' are 90% arseholed and have been partying in the streets for 48 hours. Some invariably fall as the runners stampede down the narrow streets to the bullring. The fallen bring down those behind them. The fortunate merely get trampled by a running bull. The less lucky get gored...

You want to get disabled or killed? Run with the drunks and meet the Pamplona bulls.....

HOLA4421

Article says something about 'respect the other runners'. I have seen the Pamplona bull run twice. The 'other runners' are 90% arseholed and have been partying in the streets for 48 hours. Some invariably fall as the runners stampede down the narrow streets to the bullring. The fallen bring down those behind them. The fortunate merely get trampled by a running bull. The less lucky get gored...

You want to get disabled or killed? Run with the drunks and meet the Pamplona bulls.....

They should get the bulls drunk too.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

if I remember right, the bulls fall down quite often too, and go sliding accross the cobbles.

It's hard for them to see where they are going with a screaming tourist impaled on their horns.

HOLA4425

I ran with bulls over 10 years ago and was heavily under the influence of alcohol. The bulls run very early in the morning, every morning for the entire festival. So pretty much just you are just are leaving the pub to run. It was on my bucket list, and can safely say I will never do it again. There is no adrenaline rush like it. If the bulls stay in a pack they are calm and run pretty much straight. However should one get separated from the pack, that's when the real fun begins!

I think it wise not to annoy "two ton of meat with horns"!

Archived