House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trampa501

Author Of Bull-Running Guide, Gored In Pamplona

I don't think provoking a 2 ton animal with horns is a good idea! Bulls are usually good natured!

Mon! Mongo's ridin a coo! It has tits!

Never taunt the gods of irony.

Near me there was some sort of eco-w@nkery health food shop called something like 'Steve's Sustainable Food Store'. It's closed down now, Steve taunted the gods on irony and they punished him.

Hopefully he croaks the croak.

If he was stabbing bulls, as in a bullfight, i would agree.

But he was just running away from one (albeit it in a very organised Mass Running Away from A Bull) so he was being symbolically very sensible.

But he was just running away from one (albeit it in a very organised Mass Running Away from A Bull) so he was being symbolically very sensible.

Exactly, it's the element of risk that makes it exciting. This evidences that this risk is real.

Bullfighting is very different, that's animal cruelty IMO.

He endorses bull running. Safe to assume he's comfortable with bull fighting too.

He can ****** off.

He endorses bull running. Safe to assume he's comfortable with bull fighting too.

He can ****** off.

Evidence/ reasoning?

I have occasionally run with people, without the urge to go on to kill them.

The bull running through the streets is traditionally a precursor to the bull fight itself is it not?

(EDIT: wiki on bull running)

I was shocked when I first saw this at the start of the film Carmen. It is disgusting.....but somehow beautiful at the same time. I don't profess to understand that.

Don't watch if you are at all squeamish. Skip the first 40s

OK. Fair enough. I'm disgusted too.

Though I do like the idea of the bulls being able to gore people. Oh, and I like beef, especially with horseradish sauce.

Crossed off my bucket list. I shall run with kittens instead.

Article says something about 'respect the other runners'. I have seen the Pamplona bull run twice. The 'other runners' are 90% arseholed and have been partying in the streets for 48 hours. Some invariably fall as the runners stampede down the narrow streets to the bullring. The fallen bring down those behind them. The fortunate merely get trampled by a running bull. The less lucky get gored...

You want to get disabled or killed? Run with the drunks and meet the Pamplona bulls.....

Article says something about 'respect the other runners'. I have seen the Pamplona bull run twice. The 'other runners' are 90% arseholed and have been partying in the streets for 48 hours. Some invariably fall as the runners stampede down the narrow streets to the bullring. The fallen bring down those behind them. The fortunate merely get trampled by a running bull. The less lucky get gored...

You want to get disabled or killed? Run with the drunks and meet the Pamplona bulls.....

They should get the bulls drunk too.

if I remember right, the bulls fall down quite often too, and go sliding accross the cobbles.

It's hard for them to see where they are going with a screaming tourist impaled on their horns.

I ran with bulls over 10 years ago and was heavily under the influence of alcohol. The bulls run very early in the morning, every morning for the entire festival. So pretty much just you are just are leaving the pub to run. It was on my bucket list, and can safely say I will never do it again. There is no adrenaline rush like it. If the bulls stay in a pack they are calm and run pretty much straight. However should one get separated from the pack, that's when the real fun begins!

I think it wise not to annoy "two ton of meat with horns"!