House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Files On Uk Role In Cia Rendition Accidentally Destroyed, Says Minister

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/09/files-uk-role-cia-rendition-destroyed-diego-garcia-water-damage

The British government's problems with missing files deepened dramatically when the Foreign Office claimed documents on the UK's role in the CIA's global abduction operation had been destroyed accidentally when they became soaked with water.

In a statement that human rights groups said "smacked of a cover-up", the department maintained that records of post-9/11 flights in and out of Diego Garcia, the British territory in the Indian Ocean, were "incomplete due to water damage".

The claim comes amid media reports in the US that a Senate report due to be published later this year identifies Diego Garcia as a location where the CIA established a secret prison as part of its extraordinary rendition programme. According to one report, classified CIA documents state that the prison was established with the "full cooperation" of the UK government.

First the govt loses the paedo files and now it can't find the files on rendition. Seems the govt has habit of losing information.

Its almost like it's planned or something. I am guessing that there were no electronic copies of these documents.

There was, but - and we just can't explain this - the hard drive was accidentally driven over by a challenger tank (twice), then the backup DVD caught fire due to brownian motion, and the extra-backup tapes just happened to have a piano fall on them. Which then caught fire.

These things happen.

Don't bother asking if they've done their homework.

Standard excuse at Eton:

'My homework was accidentally destroyed due to water damage'

There was, but - and we just can't explain this - the hard drive was accidentally driven over by a challenger tank (twice), then the backup DVD caught fire due to brownian motion, and the extra-backup tapes just happened to have a piano fall on them. Which then caught fire.

These things happen.

But only to embarrassing files..

I ate my homework whilst being rogered?

Those files were accidentally destroyed too it seems.

Seeing how this relates to the records from 2002 to around 2009, I'd suspect the former govt of any cover-up. I can just picture Blair sticking the papers down the bog....

"The dog ate my homework" never worked for me, as a plausible lie! :blink:

Seeing how this relates to the records from 2002 to around 2009, I'd suspect the former govt of any cover-up. I can just picture Blair sticking the papers down the bog....

Anything to do with the special relationship so-called will always be covered up by governments of all shades not just Labour.