House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheBlueCat

Now Your Can Live Like Krusty

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2686487/Now-live-like-Kirstie-days-TV-presenter-opens-Devon-mansion-holiday-home-sleeps-14-3-500-week.html

I'm thinking that an easier and cheaper way of living like Krusty would involve a sofa, a television, a party size tub of utterly-butterly and a spoon.

The spirit of anti-Krust is alive and well in the Wail comments. :lol:

3500 a week? Better offer a bit more than the asking price to be on the safe side, you don't want to miss the boat!

Now you can live like Kirstie (for a few days at least): TV presenter opens up her Devon mansion as holiday home that sleeps 14 for £3,500 a week
article-2686487-1F85961300000578-526_636

TV presenter Kirstie Allsopp (inset) has opened up the property in Devon she made famous in the show Kirstie's Homemade Home for people to use as a holiday home. For £3,500 a week, visitors can have the full run of the six bedroom property, which sleeps up to 14 people, has a rowing boat in the middle of the garden and a bath in the middle of the master bedroom. Classic Cottages, the company that lets the property say reservations sometimes come in as far as two years in advance.

A HPC getaway week?

I have seen this kind of thing several times on Gower.

Usually it involves some Londoner(s) who move to the Gower because they want to raise chickens, grow some veg and 'live the lifestyle'. So they pay way, way over the odds - and hence driving up the asking prices locally - for some cottage or barn on Gower.

They then assume, often because it is a factor in their mortgage payments, that others will want to come and live the lifestyle also - so they set up their cottage or barn as a B&B or turn part of it into holiday lets, etc.

Eventually they realise that it is too much work or not profitable enough to make a living from... and living on Gower is miles away from anywhere if you fancy a curry or need to pop to the shops... and those long dark wet days of winter are just miserable stuck in the middle of nowhere... so they try and sell up... usually for a lot more than the silly amount they paid for in the first place... but, because they have been running the place as a B&B or holiday let, etc, they try to justify the silly asking price by saying that you can make X per week from the property.

Seen it so many times.

Oddly enough, only this morning I visited RM and up popped a house that I have seen on the market, with various different EAs, for a good 5 or 6 years now if not longer now on with yet another EA. Still for sale for a ludicrous asking price. Still not sold. One of many that I am aware of down there.

Mary Harlow, operations manager for Classic Cottages, said the company have had the home on their books for five years, taking it on shortly after Miss Allsopp bought it

So has she ever lived in it?
OH is this the one she lived in but didn't like the noisy neighbours?

Pin money project..... ;)

Pin would not spend Pin-Money on this, and I would break the toilet! :blink: