House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Executive Sadman

How Not To Get Your Point Across

Can't say i'm overly won over by the 'pro-life' types, but their peaceful protests have never bothered me. Doubtless guardianista type's would say she was 'provoked' or 'confronted' or somesuch, and freedom of expression doesnt include the right to debate abortion etc etc. Oh, there are swears.

i can imagine her sticking a fork in the neck of a newborn or drowning it in the toilet - like that abortion doctor was found to be doing to full term 'foetuses'.

Can't say i'm overly won over by the 'pro-life' types, but their peaceful protests have never bothered me. Doubtless guardianista type's would say she was 'provoked' or 'confronted' or somesuch, and freedom of expression doesnt include the right to debate abortion etc etc. Oh, there are swears.

I can sort of understand someone getting so worked up about it in the US, where you have the extreme right wing, Bible Belt lot wanting to lay down the law as they see it. It is so often worlds away from anything we see here, thank heaven. Ditto with teaching evolution in schools. My sister who has lived in the US for ages gets very worked up about them, since they make up a large section of the electorate and are pretty powerful politically.

But she is hardly a good ambassador for the 'right to choose' lobby.

I can sort of understand someone getting so worked up about it in the US, where you have the extreme right wing, Bible Belt lot wanting to lay down the law as they see it. It is so often worlds away from anything we see here, thank heaven. Ditto with teaching evolution in schools. My sister who has lived in the US for ages gets very worked up about them, since they make up a large section of the electorate and are pretty powerful politically.

But she is hardly a good ambassador for the 'right to choose' lobby.

She is hardly a good ambassador Burger King either.

I'm fairly sure 10mins on Google would find some rather unpleasant stories of the antiabortionists. I seem to recall a variety of assaults, arson and bomb attacks, and maybe even the odd murder. Not entirely unlike the animalistas here a year or 5 back.