House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Chilean Government Publishes Report Declaring Object Spotted Above Remote Copper Mine Was An 'official Ufo'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2684713/Chilean-government-publishes-report-UFO-spotted-remote-copper-mine.html

• Government agency in Chile says object is 'of great interest, and it can be qualified as a UFO'
  • Committee for the Studies of Anomalous Aerial Phenomena studied photographs after object was spotted by engineers at copper mine
  • Agency ruled out possibility of meteorological phenomena as well as experimental aircraft, planes, weather balloons and drones
  • article-2684713-1F79AD9500000578-816_634

article-2684713-1F79AD4400000578-167_634

Conclusive proof that we have a UFO.

nasty dust on that sensor

Quite

Which means the lens was 'stopped' right down, which means that there's a whopping depth of field in that photo, which means everything would be in focus from a few feet away to infinity, which means it'd be pretty difficult to tell if an isolated blob in the photo was a few feet away or miles off

which is unfortunate because the second photo in that Mail article looks awfully like the reflection of a light bulb in a flush fitting

edit: two minutes googling and more in a similar vein, from the same newspaper funnily enough, here