House Price Crash Forum
JJ57

Help With Parents

Hi everyone,

Looking for a bit of advice for my parents. They currently live in Timperley and are looking to downsize, they want to stay in Timperley but houses coming onto rightmove are selling straight away!! Is there a shortage of houses in the area? Their house has been on the market less than a week and offers have been made of the full asking price.

Shall they sit tight and wait a few months to see if more properties come on the market or are they going to have a battle on their hands?

Thanks

Opinion only - I think in this market where people want to buy quickly and have the mortgage credit to do so you should get a good price for your parent's place and price in renting for a year. Sell the place and then your parents are chain free and in a position to move quickly with cash when a property does come on the market. Arranging a chain is a nightmare.

Opinion only - I think in this market where people want to buy quickly and have the mortgage credit to do so you should get a good price for your parent's place and price in renting for a year. Sell the place and then your parents are chain free and in a position to move quickly with cash when a property does come on the market. Arranging a chain is a nightmare.

+1. totally agree

Thanks for that.

They are not keen on renting at all. Dont think they could deal with the stress of moving again to be honest!! Are people moving at the moment because of the new term coming up with schools? Will more houses be available in Septermber?

I dont want them panic buying a place and not loving it.

Thanks for that.

They are not keen on renting at all. Dont think they could deal with the stress of moving again to be honest!! Are people moving at the moment because of the new term coming up with schools? Will more houses be available in Septermber?

I dont want them panic buying a place and not loving it.

No, moving for school is more dependent on the application/selection dates than the start of term as such. But as it's annual you're never far away from it.

Current market is easy to sell and hard to buy. If they are not prepared to rent, I have no sympathy.

Avoid driving alongside the canal.

No, moving for school is more dependent on the application/selection dates than the start of term as such. But as it's annual you're never far away from it.

Current market is easy to sell and hard to buy. If they are not prepared to rent, I have no sympathy.

Avoid driving alongside the canal.

Thanks for that, so basically there is just a massive shortage of houses in this area regardless of what time of year it is. As for having no sympathy, its not an ideal situation renting when you are 70 years old and not in the best health, they need to get settled somewhere ASAP.

I never drive along the canal without windows open.

Not sure what happened there!

Thanks for that, so basically there is just a massive shortage of houses in this area regardless of what time of year it is. As for having no sympathy, its not an ideal situation renting when you are 70 years old and not in the best health, they need to get settled somewhere ASAP.

I never drive along the canal without windows open.

Which area of Timperley do they want, anywhere specific? Houses in West Timperley don't seem to be selling that quickly, but Timperley village is an area I don't really watch. What sort of property are they looking for?

No where specific in Timperley. They would like a house/bungalow ideally with 3 bedrooms but since they are going overnight they would take a 2 bedroom. They would like a garage or large shed and also a garden for the dogs. Will keep my eye on west Timperley, thanks for that.

I knew their house would sell itself as its lovely but didnt realise it would be such hard work to find someone new to live!!

In my house buying, I found things tended to get quieter over the summer due to hols etc, but they do pick up again from Sept again.

It'll obviously vary from area to area, but it might get a little easier in a few weeks.