House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bendy

Cheap Ink Cartridges

Has anyone used any of the cheapo ink cartrifges websites? Are they any good? Any recommendations?

Ta muchly sweeties in advance :)

Has anyone used any of the cheapo ink cartrifges websites? Are they any good? Any recommendations?

Ta muchly sweeties in advance :)

Had good service from prink. They work well in my Epsom, but the fek'ng thing does complain.

Pah, my dot matrix is still going strong and I've never bought a new ribbon I just brush fountain pen ink on it when it goes a bit feint*

*(I don't but someone will be along shortly with a similar but non-made up tale of bonkers thriftiness.)

More seriously the only decent and reliable quality ones used to come from Germany or Switzerland I believe most of the manufacturers have been bought out and production gone to China and with it the quality. To be fair the heyday passed when people got over the novelty of printing photos out.

They are one of those products (like many) where there are a load of brands out there but only a tiny number of genuine manufacturers actually producing what goes in the packaging.

Pah, my dot matrix is still going strong and I've never bought a new ribbon I just brush fountain pen ink on it when it goes a bit feint*

I picked up one of these round about the same time I switched to a double-edged safety razor...

1jthld.jpg

For my non ransom note work, yes, I admit it, I use a laser printer.

Cheers for the suggestions, will try and dig a bit re where the manufacture takes place on certain sites :)

We have used one called Stinkyink

The name is memorable..

Seem to work OK. But then we only have a cheap HP printer.

Don't print much but I'll be replacing it with something else as the "cheap to buy but expensive to run" model has run its course.

I picked up one of these round about the same time I switched to a double-edged safety razor...

1jthld.jpg

For my non ransom note work, yes, I admit it, I use a laser printer.

Ah. nostalgia. I had one of those.

I spent many a happy hour using a John Bull printing set stamping "bum" and "tit" and "poo" on every available surface.

Until my wife stopped me.

I think they are a bit hit and miss. Black seems to be OK, though colour rarely is as good. Last batch, colour cartridge not liked by my printer (HP), so not being recognised properly, thus throws wobblers. The real stuff is so dear (liquid gold).

The reason I bought a Canon printer is that the ink cartridges were cheap and easily available! The individual colours are separate! I just buy them online!

The Canon printer didn't actually print a canon, and I'm still waiting to join the 17th century, with a ballista and trebuchet to annoy the neighbours with!

The reason I bought a Canon printer is that the ink cartridges were cheap and easily available! The individual colours are separate! I just buy them online!

The Canon printer didn't actually print a canon, and I'm still waiting to join the 17th century, with a ballista and trebuchet to annoy the neighbours with!

So I see!

Now stop sending me letters in green ink!