House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Inside The Binge-Drinking, All-Night Partying Life Of The British Pensioners Who Are Blowing Their Inheritances

'They're quite raunchy when they've had a few drinks': Inside the binge-drinking, all-night partying life of the British pensioners who are blowing their inheritances (and fuel allowances) in Tenerife
article-2683111-1F760A0B00000578-461_964

The Spanish island of Tenerife is attracting a different kind of visitor in the form of pensioners, with tens of thousands of them heading there to escape the UK's miserable weather. Now a new Channel 5 documentary called OAPs Behaving Badly has revealed how they are blowing their pension, children's inheritance and winter fuel allowance on partying like teenagers.

If they are blowing the inheritance what will this mean for house prices?

[divideandconquermodeon]

Spending their ill-gotten HPI gains and there children's shackled future.

[/divideandconquermodeoff]

Its a tricky one. On one level its their 'own' money and they can spend it as they wish.

On another - most pensioners living like that - are likely to be able to due to final salary pension schemes or huge gains because of our multi decade property bubble - so no its not really their 'own'.

Its not their kids inheritance either - its their kids wages they are spending.

'Blowing their children's inheritance'? Or, 'spending their own money'?

Exactly....and if they shorten their lives in the process because of their unhealthy behaviour their children could come out on top and spend if for them. ;)

If a young c-ok sucking tart can afford to holiday in these places, why shouldn't someone with a lifetime of earning behind them not be able to do so?

If a young c-ok sucking tart can afford to holiday in these places, why shouldn't someone with a lifetime of earning behind them not be able to do so?

This is a daily mail advertorial for a channel 5 show.

I'm sure the Mail's young reader demographic will be outraged by this story.

yep, it's their money as they've earned it from the wrongheaded system. Hate the game, not the player!

Converse is that they should pay for their own care, we need to change means testing and expectations of house prices. Personalising the issue into making these people seem more immoral than anyone else won't help the agenda of most of the people on this site

I think it's great, why should old people be forced to watch A Place in the Sun and suck Werthers Originals.

I think I'll do the same when I'm older :)

Because they've got no teeth and get a free telly licence ?

A very good point! :lol::lol: