House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Where's All The Talk Of Bubbles Gone.

4 weeks ago the housing bubble was all our the MSM .

Any price rises or increasing of lending was being hailed as great news.

Its all gone quiet now.

Are they holding their breath?

Did they all take Cameron's advice not to talk down the recovery...and by recovery i assume he meant...housing bubble?

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

There is an election coming up and we can't scare the proles with anything like facts. Far better for everyone to keep quiet and pretend everything is OK....

Although Cunliffe appears to be doing his best to talk about it currently!

4 weeks ago the housing bubble was all our the MSM .

Any price rises or increasing of lending was being hailed as great news.

Its all gone quiet now.

Are they holding their breath?

Did they all take Cameron's advice not to talk down the recovery...and by recovery i assume he meant...housing bubble?

Carney's macrophooey has saved the day. ~8x main + a 5% deposit. Easily repayable. With 12x, 14x and 16x in reserve for London because its a global asset class, don'tcha know? Absolutely no bubbles here.

****** me - actually quite a few decent points being made on Question Time.

It seems to be getting to the point where it appears a groundswell of opinion has just had enough of all this pish......

****** me - actually quite a few decent points being made on Question Time.

It seems to be getting to the point where it appears a groundswell of opinion has just had enough of all this pish......

My jaw is on the floor... it's all hot air of course but the air time it got was something fresh. I normally find Peter Hitchens a bit of a c@ck, but he did well there.

My jaw is on the floor... it's all hot air of course but the air time it got was something fresh. I normally find Peter Hitchens a bit of a c@ck, but he did well there.

Nobody comes out and says it is all just about the supply of credit though? Hitchens went there, but didn`t spell it out for the sheeple, just said that creating housing bubbles hides a weak economy. Again, where are the hundreds of thousands of homeless, are they all squatting with the hippy girl in the front row?

Nobody comes out and says it is all just about the supply of credit though? Hitchens went there, but didn`t spell it out for the sheeple, just said that creating housing bubbles hides a weak economy. Again, where are the hundreds of thousands of homeless, are they all squatting with the hippy girl in the front row?

True, but he did say that it was 'engineered'. That's all the masses need to hear - that it's an artificially inflated bubble. Sentiment is falling off a cliff now.

The Housing Problem:

Maggie selling off Council Houses (not replaced)

Gordon Brown creating humongous bubble

Cheap credit/lax lending/self-certification mortgages

Mewing for lifestyle, property investment not for property improvement

Population growth (immigration)

Southern economic bias

Housing being the 'UK economy'

Easy politics

Osborne and FFL/Help To Buy

Politicians being invested in property

If all of the above was not there, housing would be provided to meet need at prices that the market could bear (without interference).

Hitchens was interrupted as he was going to make that point, having to defend the immigration point (huge population growth).

True, but he did say that it was 'engineered'. That's all the masses need to hear - that it's an artificially inflated bubble. Sentiment is falling off a cliff now.

Hopefully you are right, I would still like the notion of Ponzi schemes and Liar loans facilitating them to be discussed in more detail in relation to property though, clearly spelled out so that people are left in no doubt that the value assigned to their house is Monopoly money fantasy.

Edited by dances with sheeple

Hitchens was interrupted as he was going to make that point, having to defend the immigration point (huge population growth).

He was being told by Hippy Chick in the front that London is full of empty buildings that people try to squat in, she talked about the "Ghost Tour" of buildings that were occupied back in the day, but he still wanted to say that we would have to "concrete over" most of the country? In my experience the population intake has just f*ucked over young people wanting a basic job, my rent for example has gone nowhere in a decade and a half.

The Housing Problem:

Southern economic bias

Easy politics

If all of the above was not there, housing would be provided to meet need at prices that the market could bear (without interference).

Banks.

They make money out of the debt they create (out of nothing). To do this they need demand for that debt, they create that demand by encouraging bubbles in needed items - like housing for example, or enabling leveraged buyouts (even working behind the backs of the owners they are supposed to be representing).

Bubbles are scams for their benefit. We have complicit government and central banks in on that scam and acting as enablers via the policies that they enact..

Yes I thought so too. Not enough houses , creating bubbles , too much immigration, selling off council hpuses. Was all brought up. Even the Tory MP brought up the fact that a recent survey said most people wanted prices to fall. Although he did sound like he was about to have a heart attack by just saying that.

Even some bod in the audience mentioned land banking by builders etc..

Credit supply, low interest rates and stuff like government backed help to buy etc.. Were not mentioned. Was still a start though.

Hitchens did ram the point home that the 'growth' in the economy was down to a manufactured house-price bubble and that ALL parties had played their part in a dangerous economic game.

getting there slowly...I've not seen the show but will probably check this out. I remember seeing the topic come up a couple of years ago and the ignorance from all sides of the spectrum was something else. The emperor still has no clothes, the boy has pointed it out and now finally people have noticed. Next stage is to do something about it

The Housing Problem:

Southern economic bias

Easy politics

It's a tax free leveraged play on monetary inflation (with a great utility and status value thrown in). Is it any wonder that people put every penny they have spare into housing in response to decades of tax/monetary policy consistently rewarding only this.

getting there slowly...I've not seen the show but will probably check this out. I remember seeing the topic come up a couple of years ago and the ignorance from all sides of the spectrum was something else. The emperor still has no clothes, the boy has pointed it out and now finally people have noticed. Next stage is to do something about it

Agreed.

I think the momentum will become exponential, unless the MSM start going all out with a "Nothing to worry about, everything's groovy" message. Even then it's probably too late. The emperor's clothes analogy is exactly why - once the reality is finally seen, it's impossible for even the most retarded mind to un-see it again. "The bigger and more bold the lie" also works in reverse once people realise how utterly stupid they were to have fallen for it*.

The next stage will be people claiming they always knew the truth, and they'll be openly deriding the slower ones who "don't get it". And after that they'll probably be actively calling for tighter credit controls.

* Emperor Brown carried it in 2008 because he was able to frame it as a freak event that started in America, ie an economic exception rather than an economic/gravity normality. I think too many people have already woken up for anything similar to work again.

Banks.

They make money out of the debt they create (out of nothing). To do this they need demand for that debt, they create that demand by encouraging bubbles in needed items - like housing for example, or enabling leveraged buyouts (even working behind the backs of the owners they are supposed to be representing).

Bubbles are scams for their benefit. We have complicit government and central banks in on that scam and acting as enablers via the policies that they enact..

+1

Spot on. All the other "factors" are nonsense.

Emperor Brown carried it in 2008 because he was able to frame it as a freak event that started in America, ie an economic exception rather than an economic/gravity normality. I think too many people have already woken up for anything similar to work again.

That's a good point which is true in most people's minds and the reason that people think the housing market in the UK is different. I will never forget the comment from a Spanish person that London house prices will never fall!