House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Saving For a Space Ship

Dumpster-Living Professor Out To Make A Point

Dumpster-living professor out to make a point

http://www.cnet.com/news/dumpster-living-professor-out-to-make-a-point/

AUSTIN, Texas -- ..... a high-energy, charismatic character who is hoping to help change the world by living in a dumpster.

Meet Professor Dumpster, the university dean who's currently in the middle of spending a year with a glorified trash container as his home.

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

I always see too many compromises in any project like this. Ok he will get people talking but he is not living in a dumpster. He sleeps there of a night. He washes with mod cons that millions of people could only wish for so there the story just breaks down. as he states he is just garnering publicity to just get people thinking and talking about alternatives. Why doesn`t he just show how other people are forced to live in so many other parts of the world which are well and truly spartan and in truly subsistent ways, and they are not burning holes in the ozone layer.

He seems to me yet another naive well meaning , well fed academic showing what many billions of people already know about this big world.

Edited by GinAndPlatonic

I always see too many compromises in any project like this. Ok he will get people talking but he is not living in a dumpster. He sleeps there of a night. He washes with mod cons that millions of people could only wish for so there the story just breaks down. as he states he is just garnering publicity to just get people thinking and talking about alternatives. Why doesn`t he just show how other people are forced to live in so many other parts of the world which are well and truly spartan and in truly subsistent ways, and they are not burning holes in the ozone layer.

He seems to me yet another naive well meaning , well fed academic showing what many billions of people already know about this big world.

Agree, no point really being made here.

Does he teach at some sort of inner city college for drop outs? Check out the girl texting in the classroom while he's talking - totally blatantly!

Anyway, this is all a bit silly. There are thousands of Americans living permanently in RVs, doing perfectly well for themselves - many of them are permanently parked in Walmart stores where overnight parking is permitted. There's even a song about it called 'Living in a Walmart' on Youtube.

But I guess that's isn't hip enough for the hipster crowd!