House Price Crash Forum

Ea In Milton Keynes - All Offers Being Turned Down Today

Flopsy

HOLA441

I was at an office in Milton Keynes this morning (long story, don't ask) and all the phone conversation from the 4 EA's in the office were all offers being turned down.

The responses I heard were

"the owner has a large mortgage"

"the owner does not need to sell"

"there is a chain"

"the owner has improved the property since then and expect the full price"

HOLA442
HOLA443

I was at an office in Milton Keynes this morning (long story, don't ask) and all the phone conversation from the 4 EA's in the office were all offers being turned down.

The responses I heard were

"the owner has a large mortgage"

"the owner does not need to sell"

"there is a chain"

"the owner has improved the property since then and expect the full price"

The EA's have no idea that the last bubble never properly burst due to govt measures. The new one is even worse and has a bit more to give, but it will burst with a bigger bang than should have happened through 2010-11. If Govt had properly dealt with this, base interest rates would long ago have been returned to about 4% and mortgage multiples could have been capped at 2.5 x income when homes came down in price anyway. Then we would be looking at growth in the productive sector and homes being bought because they are shelter and not just some speculative investment. Investment would have gone towards industry and output and exports. That would have been real rebalancing of the economy. We have no such thing. The only thing the Bof E govnor is right about; the housing market is the biggest risk to the UK economy. I would already have put it right and real growth would now have begun. Real wages against the cost of living would be improving. Instead? People in the their 20's and 30's cannot buy a bed sitting room on their salary. The level of PROPERTY poverty amongst anyone sub 35 in the UK is very high due to property prices and rents. We have the home owners controlling the rest and its not good for our country. I have FAR too much equity in my home for the time I have owned it. It is rediculous that it has risen 4 x in just 17 yrs during a period of very low inflation.