House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Rooftop Protest Prisoners Offered Sun Cream

They didn't actually take it.

This was on one local phone-in as it was Dartmoor prison.

My thoughts on this were a mixture of so what and why wouldn't they do that?

I draw the line at provding food and water (somebody the police were chasing was bought a KFC when they climbed onto a roof) but sun cream - why not? It was a peaceful and for all we know legitimate protest.

There have been several cases of prisoners walking out of open prisons and asking to get put back into secure prisons purely to get away from the vast amounts of drugs at open prisons, so I don't hold with the "all prisoners are scum" attitude. Though of course some absolutely are.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2671976/Two-prisoners-climbed-roof-jail-heatwave-offered-SUN-CREAM-wardens-healthy-safety-reasons.html

They didn't actually take it.

This was on one local phone-in as it was Dartmoor prison.

My thoughts on this were a mixture of so what and why wouldn't they do that?

I draw the line at provding food and water (somebody the police were chasing was bought a KFC when they climbed onto a roof) but sun cream - why not? It was a peaceful and for all we know legitimate protest.

There have been several cases of prisoners walking out of open prisons and asking to get put back into secure prisons purely to get away from the vast amounts of drugs at open prisons, so I don't hold with the "all prisoners are scum" attitude. Though of course some absolutely are.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2671976/Two-prisoners-climbed-roof-jail-heatwave-offered-SUN-CREAM-wardens-healthy-safety-reasons.html

I hope the authorities made them sign a form refusing sun cream...they could get sued later if one developed malignant melanoma.

Aren't the prison authorities falling down on their duty of care if they don't feed them? I'd love to be a fly on the wall at that risk assessment!!

Give them chilli sauce instead!

Yep totally agree. I daresay they'll have been in trouble once they got down anyway, don't need the silly sods falling off the roof through sunstroke. I'd have given them water too, food maybe not.

My mate did 12 days on remand in Belmarsh earlier this year for a crime that he was never likely to get a custodial sentence for, because I couldn't give him a bail address, and nor could anybody else he knew. He met some hardcore prisoners in there, including one notorious murderer. I know a couple of people who have done custodial sentences, and all I've ever heard is that doing bird is a crazy situation. I always support the Howard League.