House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ccc

Noisy Neighbours

Finally had enough tonight and called 101 to complain. Got put through to Local services and left a note. Got call back from the local environment officer asking for details. I explained I had lived here for a fair while - but enough was enough.

Tonight BOTH my neighbours decided to have an Ibiza sounding party. On one side from 5pm till about 3am getting progressively louder - on the other side from about 4am - and still going on - but dying down. Of course as soon as the officers arrive - there will barely be a peep - but I have started it now - so I am just going to call up every time - ****** it - I cause them no hassle so they should return the favour.

Interestingly enough nobody else had complained - which I was quite staggered by - the bloke says this us very common and really surprises him.

Its a bit of a strange paradox I think - the British politeness in terms of being respectful to those around you appears to have dissapeared for many - whilst our politeness in not complaining is still going strong. It took me over a year after all - and I am not exactly shy.

An annoying thing is how poor a mobile phone picks it up - I recorded it for evidence - but you can barely hear it :(

I had all thoughts of nasty revenge last night - it doesn't surprise me that murders occur due to things like this - I can totally see how someone could just lose the plot. Its understandable.

However I plan to just move in the next few months - and then on regular occasions do something to really annoy both these flats as much as possible :)

Nothing illegal or threatening at all - just incredibly annoying. And knowing the area I live in - its the sort of annoyance that could be put down to local youths behaviour :)

Anyway - I am going to rise above it and forget any ideas of buying some big speakers to get it back at them - far too obvious and likely to cause serious confrontation. I will stick to a post leaving plan of gradual annoyance to slowly really piss them off and make them understand what its like to be kept up at night by other people being selfish and ignorant.

Anyone else got stories like this ?

I'm sure you can't hear my guitar up there!

Believe me a guitar would be preferable !!

One side do this all the time - and are very loud - even heard people shouting out their windows from across the street at them before. The other side only rarely do this - which appears to make them think that anything goes.

I am not exaggerating to say it was like being in a nightclub. I went to the next room - so this was through two walls - put custom earplugs in - and could still hear it clearly and couldn't sleep. That is taking the piss.

The worse thing is both these chumps open their windows too when doing this !! So folk can smoke out the window I presume. So not only do the 4-5 flats in their block ( including me ) get kept up all night - so does everyone else in the square if houses behind - this covers 3 different streets ffs !!!

Their front door us also right next to mine - so I have probably heard that slamming between 40-50 times in the last 6 hours alone.

Its ******ing outrageous. I am about to head out to pick something up - I really hope I don't bump into them because I may not be able to hold my tongue.

I will though - as I have thought if an additional very cunning plan to add some weight to the complaints. Going to make it very easy for anyone else pissed off by these ******* to add to the complaints :)

Fortunately not.

Sadly the thing to do is move as people who can have a party through the small hours will be unemployed and therefore have the time and energy to make your life a misery if you give them the inclination; your actions will be restricted because you work five days a week and have to get up in the morning.

You've hit on the exact reason I consider 6 months too long for an up-front commitment to a tenancy.

If you move in and find yourself with neighbours from hell, you want to be able to look around immediately! And when you're young and can't afford to write off a few months rent is also when six months feels interminable.

No these people work - they are not total chavs either - just zero respect for those around them.

I know loads in the square will be pissed off with them. I am gonna do a wee flyer to each flat - simple PIC with arrows and flat numbers. Also the ref # I was given by the council. Just going to be pleasant in it and say if you think these people take it too far - just call this number and log it. People like the easy route.

Most will probably leave on their window and next time it happens - wham - council get 10 complaints from different people. Pretty impossible for them not to do something serious about it at that point.

I shall remain anonymous if course - if they were to find out - it could be any number of people that were responsible - and its nothing illegal or nasty either - just pointing out an easy way to complain if they see fit :)

And these two - are not the local radge family of nutters either - just a bunch of twats.

Sympathies.

We have some arsetwatmonkeybatsrda with a noisy car at the moment. I assume he's up to no good in it the number of times he goes out in it.

Someone reckons they've "had it out with him" but tbh he's a complete plank too.

Don't know what to do. Don't want to go and tell him his *****ermobile is annoying me cos he's a shouty twit.

Sounds like your local drug dealer - just do a call to crime stoppers next time he leaves anonymously with reg # etc..

At the very least he us going to get an annoying moment with plod :)

Sounds like your local drug dealer - just do a call to crime stoppers next time he leaves anonymously with reg # etc..

At the very least he us going to get an annoying moment with plod :)

:-)

That was my thought but are people really that stupid to draw attention to themselves? Probably.

Hell is other people! I could just about live in a Slavebox if it were a detached Slavebox. I lived below some psycho a couple of years ago who made my life hell. I've since moved twice and now live upstairs in a converted house. The couple downstairs seem nice enough and, because they work and aren't the local nutters, any noise they make typically stops by 10:30-11pm. The problem is that the sound insulation is so poor that you can almost make out words in their conversations. Still preferable to the other place. Can't wait to leave London.

Edit to add: I had it out with a previous neighbour and my conclusion is that some people (quite a lot in my experience) are inconsiderate a-holes.

:-)

That was my thought but are people really that stupid to draw attention to themselves? Probably.

Well my lot open the windows just to make sure the entire square can hear - so yes - most probably.

Think laterally. Buy some ear defenders.

Firstly - already tried earplugs - still too loud - and that was through two walls - to give you an idea.

Secondly - I shouldn't have too.

Get a spl meter and record the measurements as evidence.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/digital-sound-level-meter-n05cc

Still going to be their word against mine though - from reading other forums etc - it really seems to be weight in numbers that is your only chance. People ate generally weak when confronted by far superior numbers.

Looking out their window and KNOWING there are probably twenty pair of eyes looking back at them thinking 'I am gonna get you you ****' - is rather powerful I reckon.

Where is their/the building's fuse box?

Now that sounds cunning - however o font want to risk being the one done for stuff - when I am trying to be decent about it.

Although out of interest - would each flat have a separate fuse ?

Hell is other people! I could just about live in a Slavebox if it were a detached Slavebox. I lived below some psycho a couple of years ago who made my life hell. I've since moved twice and now live upstairs in a converted house. The couple downstairs seem nice enough and, because they work and aren't the local nutters, any noise they make typically stops by 10:30-11pm. The problem is that the sound insulation is so poor that you can almost make out words in their conversations. Still preferable to the other place. Can't wait to leave London.

Edit to add: I had it out with a previous neighbour and my conclusion is that some people (quite a lot in my experience) are inconsiderate a-holes.

It's just generally shit isn't it ?

A detached slavebox would be my idea of heaven.

Now that sounds cunning - however o font want to risk being the one done for stuff - when I am trying to be decent about it.

Although out of interest - would each flat have a separate fuse ?

Yes a separate fuse for each flat. Pull it though and the legal consequences could be very expensive for you.

Firstly - already tried earplugs - still too loud - and that was through two walls - to give you an idea.

Secondly - I shouldn't have too.

ear defenders (better than plugs) are a great investment in the modern world, esp. for a family man or commuter.

i'd far sooner wear these than headphones!

273161_001_mi.jpg

Noise has been the bane of much of adult life. From noisy housemates with PA level sound systems to obnoxious neighbours rowing in the street at 4am. Ear plugs helps, but as you say not always.

Mobile phones won't record background noise too well because they are often designed to cut it out. Keep a diary, and keep making calls to the council peeps.

In my last house we had an oldish lady who was slightly deaf so she would have the telly on so loud we could tell what channel she was watching. Lovely lady and not worthy of a compliant but annoying none the less. Over the years I had several issues with noisy, chavy neighbours, not so now I bought a detached B)

How often are they having loud late night and all night parties?

Did they give warning or did you get an invite?

If a one off occurrence, maybe it was better they both had the party at the same time, hopefully you will now get many months of quiet restfull sleep....

Talk to them about it later when all over, sounds like they need to think about others rather than just themselves and their own selfish enjoyment...put them in the picture diplomatically...two wrongs don't make a right. ;)

Finally had enough tonight and called 101 to complain. Got put through to Local services and left a note. Got call back from the local environment officer asking for details. I explained I had lived here for a fair while - but enough was enough.

Tonight BOTH my neighbours decided to have an Ibiza sounding party. On one side from 5pm till about 3am getting progressively louder - on the other side from about 4am - and still going on - but dying down. Of course as soon as the officers arrive - there will barely be a peep - but I have started it now - so I am just going to call up every time - ****** it - I cause them no hassle so they should return the favour.

Interestingly enough nobody else had complained - which I was quite staggered by - the bloke says this us very common and really surprises him.

Its a bit of a strange paradox I think - the British politeness in terms of being respectful to those around you appears to have dissapeared for many - whilst our politeness in not complaining is still going strong. It took me over a year after all - and I am not exactly shy.

An annoying thing is how poor a mobile phone picks it up - I recorded it for evidence - but you can barely hear it :(

I had all thoughts of nasty revenge last night - it doesn't surprise me that murders occur due to things like this - I can totally see how someone could just lose the plot. Its understandable.

However I plan to just move in the next few months - and then on regular occasions do something to really annoy both these flats as much as possible :)

Nothing illegal or threatening at all - just incredibly annoying. And knowing the area I live in - its the sort of annoyance that could be put down to local youths behaviour :)

Anyway - I am going to rise above it and forget any ideas of buying some big speakers to get it back at them - far too obvious and likely to cause serious confrontation. I will stick to a post leaving plan of gradual annoyance to slowly really piss them off and make them understand what its like to be kept up at night by other people being selfish and ignorant.

Anyone else got stories like this ?

Surely your best revenge is to get up at 6am the morning after and give them Metallica at full blast for an hour or two?