House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Laughable Mbes

The only youngish person I know who got an MBE was thick as two short planks, in a training session he was giving (part time relief project management trainer, he didn't have a proper job and I wasn't surprised) he kept using as an example GlaxoSmithKline, or SmithKlineGlaxo as he repeatedly called them. It seemed he'd got onto some health committee in London through a friend (his background was as a shop manager) and once you're on that gravy train you can keep jumping onto other NHS committees, not much money in it but enough to keep him in part time training and get you an MBE.

Anyway it seems the price of an MBE is £3k, and nobody checks up on anything.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2672898/A-karate-fake-dodgy-doc-firm-charges-3-000-MBE-After-supposed-martial-arts-expert-no-ones-heard-won-MBE-investigation-reveals-just-tip-iceberg.html

A brief glance at Mr Chavda’s CV, however, reveals that he and Mr Thornton have been bestowing ‘awards’ on each other for several years as well as obtaining them from diverse organisations in the U.S.

Mr Chavda, a faith healer who works in a care home, runs a spiritual healing organisation called ‘The Temple of Truth’ alongside Mr Thornton, and calls himself a doctor after obtaining a Doctor of Divinity certificate via the United Life Church, a controversial U.S. organisation that offers online subscribers the chance to ‘become ordained in minutes’.

The website claims that ‘Professor’ Thornton ‘ceremoniously installed and elected’ him as the founder and president of The Temple of Truth as well as awarding him a ‘Humanitarian Award’.

Mr Thornton himself, who says he took up martial arts after being bullied at school, claims to have received international martial arts awards from the Saudi Arabian Royal Family and President George W. Bush, among others.

He also has the purchased title ‘The Most Noble the Duke of Clermont de Tornesse’, which he says was given to him by ‘a friend’.

I don't know why one local councillor bothered to make up his MBE, he should have just paid the £3k and bought it honestly.

But with the vastly inflated price of OU degrees these days I can see why he didn't want to pay out for that one.

Red-faced Cornwall Councillor Terry Wilkins has come clean by admitting that he does not have an Open University degree saying he was “playing a game” with another person.

The admission comes just two days after Conservative Party member Mr Wilkins conceded that he never been appointed a Member of the British Empire and claimed he was instead the victim of a hoax.

When asked about his profile on the LinkedIn professional profile website where it says he had an Open University degree 2:1 (pending) in Health and Wellness, Mr Wilkins acknowledged that this too was false.

He said: “I had been playing a game against another person.

http://www.westbriton.co.uk/Cornwall-Councillor-Terry-Wilkins-admits-Open/story-21013061-detail/story.html

article-2672898-1EEE4EFA00000578-799_634

MBE

article-2672898-1F2EB4B300000578-270_634

MBE

_74419904_wilkinsmedal.jpg

Not MBE

Has it always been thus, or is this just part of today's relentless drive for mediocrity?

Which prompts the question: are these jokers part of a mediocracy? :unsure:

Has it always been thus, or is this just part of today's relentless drive for mediocrity?

Of course it's always been thus!

Though the fine details mutate with the times, the basics don't change. The bogus qualification or honour features in the literature of all ages. Today it's a small element in the blagger's repertoire: something as mundane as claiming to be an employee of your bank can serve a con-man!

It may have been John Major's well-motivated drive to start giving honours to people who were actually doing good in their communities; which would be hard to check if they actually bothered.

I'll not be getting an MBE soon! I'm not a *****y actor, or a 3rd rate politician!

The only youngish person I know who got an MBE was thick as two short planks, in a training session he was giving (part time relief project management trainer, he didn't have a proper job and I wasn't surprised) he kept using as an example GlaxoSmithKline, or SmithKlineGlaxo as he repeatedly called them. It seemed he'd got onto some health committee in London through a friend (his background was as a shop manager) and once you're on that gravy train you can keep jumping onto other NHS committees, not much money in it but enough to keep him in part time training and get you an MBE.

Anyway it seems the price of an MBE is £3k, and nobody checks up on anything.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2672898/A-karate-fake-dodgy-doc-firm-charges-3-000-MBE-After-supposed-martial-arts-expert-no-ones-heard-won-MBE-investigation-reveals-just-tip-iceberg.html

I don't know why one local councillor bothered to make up his MBE, he should have just paid the £3k and bought it honestly.

But with the vastly inflated price of OU degrees these days I can see why he didn't want to pay out for that one.

http://www.westbriton.co.uk/Cornwall-Councillor-Terry-Wilkins-admits-Open/story-21013061-detail/story.html

article-2672898-1EEE4EFA00000578-799_634

MBE

article-2672898-1F2EB4B300000578-270_634

MBE

_74419904_wilkinsmedal.jpg

Not MBE

I would have thought you would have to be a bit thick to accept one?

I would have thought that a lack of intelligence/ lack of integrity was prerequisite to accepting an MBE? I thought this was established years ago when that "******" declined his on the grounds of the GB establisment being institutionally and historically racist. It's fine now though as they have learnt to offer the odd honour to the token ****** and **** so as to make it all, well, a bit multi-culturalist, as if that was what is was all about. Lolz, HM.