House Price Crash Forum

Glastonbury - Sign Language?

juvenal

HOLA441
HOLA442

Watching Blondie on tv. Is that someone doing sign language at the side of the stage?

If it's not insensitive to ask, what use are the words to anyone who can't hear the music?

Maybe the deaf would like to know more about the sound that's liquefying their guts. :P

HOLA443

Very few deaf people are completely deaf and speech is relatively quiet and complicated.

Often I can hear someone talking to me but the problem is actually understanding it because much of the detail has been lost.

So even if they had trouble understanding speech they might still be able to follow parts of the music, especially the bass sounds as these are usually the last areas to decline.

And there are other reasons to go along to Glastonbury – to say you've been, to experience the atmosphere, to meet friends etc.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

I have a deaf music student, they pick things up by ear well enough but have to lip-read when I want to tell them something.

Isn't that a "bit strange"?

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Watching Blondie on tv. Is that someone doing sign language at the side of the stage?

If it's not insensitive to ask, what use are the words to anyone who can't hear the music?

Watched a youth called Jake Bugg for a bit last night to see what all the fuss was about.

He's sh1t. No idea what language he sings in but def needed a translator on stage or subtitles (tip for next time Jake)

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

MrPin plays crap ukelele, and then picks up deaf music students!

The "crap ukulele" is wasted on the deaf! I have a lady friend who is completely "deaf"!

Luckily she has never heard the Ukelele played by the Pin!

Archived