House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fru-gal

Any Bear Food?

Everything looks so shit for the have-nots. Can anyone point me in the direction of any recent bear food that might make me feel slightly less depressed about how shit the housing situation in the UK currently is?

US is shrinking, EU stagnating, Japan imploding, China ready to blow.

UK savings spend down, ISAs withdrawn, real wages falling

And you want bear food :lol:

Haha, if only the magical central bankers would put their wands down for a minute maybe some of these things would start to matter! :P

4 hours ago, richc said:

How much bear food do you need in one day?  Doesn't get much better than this:

Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 12.10.02.png

SW3 is down 18% off peak ,Kensington Chelsea.

Nice chart,where did you find it?

chart(14).png

Edited by Sancho Panza

15 hours ago, richc said:

How much bear food do you need in one day?  Doesn't get much better than this:

Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 12.10.02.png

Yes, was going to say, lots of cheer at the moment on the Is Prime London Crashing thread. If you need a tonic, check out the last few pages of that - you'll find this graph and lots of other delights, zipitty doo dah!

Looking in NE Essex for the last few months, there's an increasing proportion of 'reduced today' coming through on Rightmove on a daily basis. 

It may be anecdotal but it is turning... keep the faith! 

3 hours ago, StAlex said:

Looking in NE Essex for the last few months, there's an increasing proportion of 'reduced today' coming through on Rightmove on a daily basis. 

It may be anecdotal but it is turning... keep the faith! 

Its not just NE Essex, I'm seeing it too Essex/London borders., this weeks favourites are 25k off a wreck with a brown caravan out front and 20k off a BTL with tenants in situ ?

Saw an initial surge in the third week of January here in East Yorkshire (Beverley/Cottingham/Market Weighton) and I thought it was HPI as usual but the last two days have thrown up lots of vacant posessions (different agents so if it's BTL then it's not just one landlord) and some decent reductions around the 10% mark.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5456214&page=64

"A house price crasher or "HPCer" as they are commonly known are usually (but not always) a single male who has gambled on house prices dropping by 50% or more. These creatures will often tell you they are living in a luxury property but only paying £400 a month and they will also tell you they have hundreds of thousands if not millions stashed away as a result of cheap rent and shrewd smart non property investments, this cash is sitting there waiting for the inevitable 50 - 80% drop. Some of these creatures frequent forums such as this in the hope that if they post enough negative property related links they will achieve their desired drop in house prices. They will often come across as having superior knowledge of the housing market but in reality have little knowledge or experience. One of these creatures who goes by the name of Crashy is literally hundreds of thousands of pounds down because in 1996 decided it was not a good time to buy. There are many like him and if you go to housepricecrash.co.uk you will see other specimens such as The Count of nowhere, Venger, Spyguy and Frugal Git in all their glory. Please show some pity for them, although they can be annoying they are harmless and are consistantly wrong."

Edited by dances with sheeple

1 hour ago, dances with sheeple said:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5456214&page=64

"A house price crasher or "HPCer" as they are commonly known are usually (but not always) a single male who has gambled on house prices dropping by 50% or more. These creatures will often tell you they are living in a luxury property but only paying £400 a month and they will also tell you they have hundreds of thousands if not millions stashed away as a result of cheap rent and shrewd smart non property investments, this cash is sitting there waiting for the inevitable 50 - 80% drop. Some of these creatures frequent forums such as this in the hope that if they post enough negative property related links they will achieve their desired drop in house prices. They will often come across as having superior knowledge of the housing market but in reality have little knowledge or experience. One of these creatures who goes by the name of Crashy is literally hundreds of thousands of pounds down because in 1996 decided it was not a good time to buy. There are many like him and if you go to housepricecrash.co.uk you will see other specimens such as The Count of nowhere, Venger, Spyguy and Frugal Git in all their glory. Please show some pity for them, although they can be annoying they are harmless and are consistantly wrong."

:)

Although I do not post about housing on any other forum.    Apart from maybe 4 posts on one forum in 2015, but just felt lost against so many HPIers.   

I am HPC for many good reasons, although can be difficult here too, where many a HPIer and BTLer happy enough to join and cast their doubt any HPC ever occurring.  Combined with many other HPCers who seem not to have the stomach for a HPC anyway.   

Superior-knowledge HPCers who offer pavement licking 'innocence for homeowners' posters.  "MSM!"  "Controlled."  "Programmed."  "Innocence."  "Don't know what they're doing."  "Conspiracy the owners don't know about."  (Even for those sat on £100Ks of housing equity wealth... going back years for those who've seen prices basically double).  Pure joy for the HPIers to read.

Other HPCers do post on other housing forums, and do good work offering alternative perspective (how lower house prices can be a wider good) but I can't handle the big majority of happy HPIers and BTLers.

There is some truth in their (MSEer HPIer) position.  Many areas just been rocketing HPI for years and years, against all the 'HPC' risk on HPC.   And millions of owners love it.  Smug for a reason.  They're sat on mad-gainz, vs rent-forever-losers, where choices not to buy put a big gap in financial position.  Rent vs HPI+.

Although I have been tipped off, now and again, to some of those HPIers/BTLers on MSE and other places.

Got to admit I laughed at this pic below. :lol:  Fair play!  :lol:

I would bet @Bruce Banner and @The Masked Tulip would also find it amusing.

clowny_clowns_pic.jpg

Also, #Section 24, #SDLT surcharge, #PRA..... not about winning but setting things right.

6 hours ago, Venger said:

Got to admit I laughed at this pic below. :lol:  Fair play!  :lol:

I would bet @Bruce Banner and @The Masked Tulip would also find it amusing.

clowny_clowns_pic.jpg

Very good! They may be amoral scumbags, but that is quite amusing.

More seriously, it speaks volumes that this is the level of their interaction with the hpc debate, all the intelligent and reasoned discussion on this site and they still feel the need to cast hpc veterans as clowns. 

The clowns were my version of how I visualise the regulars on the "debate" forum, I  don`t think humour and comedy come naturally to the majority over there. In actual fact it is just a hidden forum where the site owners allow about half a dozen leveraged landlords and HPI lovers to slag off anyone who says we are heading for a crash.

On a more serious note, the MSE main board is a great reflector of the sentiment and selling/buying experience of people who don`t think too much about deeper economic drivers, they just  WANT A HOUSE! or  WANT TO SELL A HOUSE!, and of late more and more negative sentiment is creeping in with regard to buying and selling. Worth watching IMO.

Fantastic growth, slawek. The MSM and their experts are still insisting that we now have a "two-step" market with prices crashing at an incredible rate in PCL and prices continuing to increase elsewhere.

The idea that this is anything other than a temporary moment, and that these falls will not have any effect on the wider area is pure fantasy. The rungs of a ladder are evenly spaced. If they get incrementally less spaced as people climb, people are going to bump into each other.

It really is happening. Still hungry, fru-gal? (where are you, this bump was for your benefit).

On a more serious note:

MMMM.....

MMMM MMMM...

MMMMMOAAAAARRRRRR!!!!!!